Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

looking for a windows tablet or 2-in-1 laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 urgin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hi, I am saving up money to buy a tablet or convertible laptop that I hope will be able to perform for many years to come. This is what I am hoping to get:

10in to 12 in screen (mainly because of the weight and portability)

i5 processor or more

8gb of ram

ssd drive

capable of handling windows 8.1 or above

replaceable battery (i.e. you can remove a few screws to do it)

a usb 3.0 port (I actually found devices that fit all the above description minus this one (for example dell venue 11 pro)-as far as i know it is important to connect to newer usb peripherals if need be)

I think i5 processor or above and a replaceable battery typically add more weight so I hope at least the device is not too bulky. I know of some hp convertibles that have easily replaceable battery but they seem huge for the screen size.

I do not have a specific budget yet but I believe such a device, if exist, can be found in good condition for under $300 refurbished, and as long as the battery can be replaced i think I am ok. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much and have a nice day!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

Nowadays there are a lot of affordable tablets with quality. Try this one.zyjk7iW45h.jpg

• Chuwi Hi12 CPU: 5th generation Intel Cheery Trail Z8300. Sounds like a turbocharged vehicle engine name right? Well, kind of. Surface Pro uses 4th gen of these processors by the way. This CPU belongs to Intel Atom CPU family. Aimed at light to average usage, you can comfortable surf the web, watch YouTube, write a Word document or edit some pictures in Photoshop. This CPU will handle these tasks perfectly.  However, do not expect to run GTA 5 on ultra settings and anticipate getting 60fps. No. This tablet is not for gaming for sure, however, Counter Strike: Global Offensive demonstrated playable 30 fps on low settings. Mobility is the keyword here. Z8300 will get the job done if you know the limits. Currently, this is the latest model and we can’t think of any better alternative, assuming the price tag. Chuwi Hi12 RAM: 4 Gb. More then enough to take care of everyday apps and act smooth at multitasking. Usually, other brands offer only 2Gb, so Chuwi Hi12 is winner. This is particularly important, because most of us use Google Chrome browser, which is known for its hungry appetite for RAM
  • Chuwi Hi12 Display: Another surprise here. These guys packed the display, which has the same parameters as Surface Pro 3. Resolution is crazy 2160x1440. At 12 inches. This is classified as Retina class display. You just can’t simply see the pixels from normal distance, IPS matrix that offers great vivid colours, excellent viewing angles and deep blacks. 10/10 for display, no questions asked. Chuwi Hi12 Battery. Better to say energy station? Energy grid? Nuclear power plant? 11,000 mAH. 11,000 compared to 5547 from Surface. This amount is sufficient to get you all day without worrying about charging. You can even connect and charge other devices while you use Chuwi Hi12. We honestly can’t figure out how they packed this battery inside, but you can surely leave the charger at home. Plus, it will work more of you boot to Android
  • Chuwi Hi12 other components: Dual cameras for your Skype video chats. 5mp main and 2mp frontal camera. You can use it to take pictures, but do not expect DSLR quality. Internal memory is 64Gb. User available space is around 47Gb. Not that bad, assuming that you can put up to 128Gb SD card for more files Finally, for our speedy file transfer users; there is an USB 3.0 port.

Read more: https://www.findpare.com/blog/chuwi-hi12-windows-tablet-review

Edited by NATHSPOGI, 22 March 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#3 alexoler

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

I personally have the HP Pavilion x360 although it has 6gb of ram,it has a big and nice screen

I feel like it is your best choice at this budget

Here is the amazon link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users