Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Machine spec for second system.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raymondwg

raymondwg

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

My system is as follows.Primary drive Samsung 512 Gb M.2,  Secondary drive WD Black 1Tb,  CPU Intel i7 6850k, Board ASUS Rampage v10, GPU Nvidia GTX 1080, Memory 128Gb Kingston Predator DDR4, Corsair 1000 PSU  This is my general use machine and the question is, I have a mountain of Documentaries downloaded from youtube onto an older machine that I would like to burn to Bluray /DVD  I would like a machine specifically for this task as I dont want to use my main machine for that [ I could but I don't want to, thats just the way I think ]  What would be a good fast system for that type of work ?  The main machine can [ as a test ] encode and burn a 63minute doc in under 6 mins [ in fact closer to 5 mins ] 

I would like my second system to have the power needed to handle the task. Would any of the Xeon CPU's be a good starting point with maybe 64 Gb DDR 4? and a Quadro M2000 GPU. This is just me thinking aloud and would welcome any suggestions. One thing is a must and that is,, I want enough power to do the job and not be maxed out, better a little over powered than under powered. the Primary drive would be a 256 Samsung M.2 and a WD Black for storage ect.

any suggestions welcome 

Regards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

The system...is not the determinant of how long any burn takes.  The burner is the key item to be considered and having a faster system is not going to impact the burn process.

How Long?

Worth a read:  http://www.toptenreviews.com/software/multimedia/best-blu-ray-burning-software/ .

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 05 March 2017 - 01:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users