Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need A Simple Proxy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 vise

vise

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:33 AM

Hi, im a member of a forum , but this forum is kinda under attack from people in UK. sooo, they decided to block all UK ips from entering the site... and as far as im concerend - im from the UK and I have been blocked..

Is there any way possible to bypass this filter so I could get into the forums and speak to the admin in anyway?
I realy want to get back in!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:16 AM

When someone is blocked from a site it is usually for cause. To instruct you on how to circumvent the block would not be appropriate. If you want to contact the Admin you can do so thru the "Contact Us" link that is on their web site. I do not know what the forum is, but like this site I am sure they is an email address post on the main page for non-member to use to reach the site admin.
If someone does post a work around this post will be closed and the solution removed.
Sorry, but we would not want such advice given to banned members of this site\forum and we will not do it to another site\forum.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 vise

vise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

well this is the situation - its a game cheating society right, and peopel from the game normaly come to the site. The site is made and used mainly by Americans and Australians, and the game people are from the UK. So wat the decided to do was to block all the UK IPS. The only waty around it is to use a proxy, which I have found but works poorly.

IM not banned at all, its perfectly allowed for members to enter the forums using such a proxy, but I need the names of good ones - so please anybody?

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:54 PM

Still the point is we do not support, encourage, or allow such work arounds here. Again would not allow others to circumvent our blocks and we will not help or encourage others to did such to other sites.
No good can come of this topic. It is now CLOSED!
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users