Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 aw3s0me

aw3s0me

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:39 AM

ive failed at removing some spyware from my computer... i ran ewido/adaware/spybot in safemode and cleaned up a lot of the stuff and its a lot better but i still get a popup every 5 mins or so. heres my HJT log, thanks in advance(i get winantiviruspro and drivecleaner mostly)..):[/url]

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\Core.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.422\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\DOCUME~1\chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX27.516\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.tsn.ca/
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P17Helper] Rundll32 P17.dll,P17Helper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ulead Video@Home Scheduling Wizard] C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Video@Home 2.0\monitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ms05764757-1261] C:\WINDOWS\ms05764757-1261.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{AF-FF-F6-6B-ZN}] C:\windows\system32\oqdsregp.exe GEN001
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kxqe68a5] RUNDLL32.EXE wc4dc157.dll,n 003e68a20000000ac4dc157
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EA Core] C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\Core.exe -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: TA_Start.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwdsregt.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1152019852359
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Explorer - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lv6o09j3e.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

Edited by aw3s0me, 03 September 2006 - 03:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:55 AM

Hello;

First of all, you didn't unzip/extract hijackthis.. and it's still in the tempfolder.
So I strongly advise to unzip/extract hijackthis
Read here how to unzip/extract properly:
http://metallica.geekstogo.com/xpcompressedexplanation.html
Create a permanent folder and move hijackthis.exe into it. The reason is because hijackthis creates backups and when it's in your temp-folder it can be accidentally deleted.
How do you make a permanent folder:

Click My Computer, then C:\ and then on Program Files.
In the menu bar, File->New->Folder.
That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis".
Now you have C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Put your HijackThis.exe there.

Then,

It is important you don't miss a step and perform everything in the right order!!

* Download Brute Force Uninstaller.
Unzip it to a folder of itís own (c:\BFU).
Read here how to unzip/extract properly:
http://metallica.geekstogo.com/xpcompressedexplanation.html
Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by doubleclicking BFU.exe

Next to the 'scriptfile to execute'-window you'll see a little icon as shown in next picture: Posted Image
When you click that icon, a little window will open that says: 'Please enter the full URL to the sript you want to execute'
In the field, copy and paste next URL:

http://metallica.geekstogo.com/alcanshorty.bfu

Click Ok.
Then click execute in Brute Force Uninstaller.

Extra note:
If nothing happens after pressing the Execute button, this means that the script didn't download. In that case, download the script
( alcanshorty.bfu ) manually from above url ( rightclick on it and choose 'save as' and save it in your BFU-folder). Then start BFU.exe again and click the browse button next to the 'scriptfile to execute'-window
Browse to the script you downloaded and Click Ok and Execute in Brute Force Uninstaller.

Wait for the complete script execution box to popup and press OK.
Press exit to terminate the BFU program.

--------------------

Please download, install, and update Ewido anti-spyware
  • Load Ewido and then click the Update tab at the top. Under Manual Update click Start update.
  • After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
  • Then click on the Scanner tab at the top. Click the "Settings" tab and then change the recommended action to Quarantine and click Automatically generate report after every scan. Click back to the "Scan" tab and then click on Complete System Scan. This scan can take quite a while to run, so be prepared.
  • Ewido will list any infections found on the left hand side. When the scan has finished, it will automatically set the recommended action. Click the Apply all actions button. Ewido will display "All actions have been applied" on the right hand side.
  • Click on "Save Report", then "Save Report As". This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again (like on the Desktop).
  • Close Ewido and reboot!!
    I need the log later.
-------------------------

* Download Combofix to your desktop.
Doubleclick combo.exe
Follow the prompts.
Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.

When finished and after reboot, it should open a log, combofix.txt.
Post this log in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog and the log from Ewido.
You may need several replies to post the logs.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:51 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users