Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop goes off when i play game - high temp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davc121

davc121

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

when i play overwatch its goes out every 30min-1h (fan begins to spin faster and extinguished ) :S but when i play mincraft never goes off

temperature
http://prnt.sc/efzr6

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,823 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

Your screen shot will not load on my machine.

That being said, when was the last time you did a thorough dust cleaning on your computer?  It's amazing how much difference it can make when there is no collected dust on the air intake, heatsinks, and exhaust ports.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

I had an old Celeron-M laptop in 2006/7 that began powering itself off after 25 min of youtube; a complete disassembly, and reapplication of thermal compound to the heatpipe/cpu contact areas was called for, as the old batch had almost solidified...

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#4 davc121

davc121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

Your screen shot will not load on my machine.

That being said, when was the last time you did a thorough dust cleaning on your computer?  It's amazing how much difference it can make when there is no collected dust on the air intake, heatsinks, and exhaust ports.

http://imgur.com/a/lgSlK

i clean dust 1week ago

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,823 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

If you did a thorough dust cleaning, meaning that you removed the case and made sure all the internal bits including the fan were free of dust, then the next step has been indicated by MDD1963.

I would not be worrying about 92 degrees C if it only spikes like that when under high load and briefly, but you're saying that the machine shuts itself down and the max temperatures recorded in your screen shot are edging very close to critical.

It could also be that your fan is going wonky, too.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users