Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod while updating outdated Drivers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Im_Salty

Im_Salty

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:14 AM

Hello. I have a small problem here. I figured out that my Drivers are a bit outdated so I decided to download Driver Booster to scan for outdated drivers and saw that some of them were outdated, clicked Install and after this I got a bsod. 

https://mega.nz/fm/QQ1zDZTa Sorry, I couldn't attach it since it was too big.

Specs: 

Processor: Intel Core I7 6700

Motherboard: Maximus VIII Hero

Graphics Card: GTX 1070

Monitor: Asus VX279

Edited by Im_Salty, 04 March 2017 - 05:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ .

Louis

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

The link you provided requires a login.;

Please note there is no such thing as outdated drivers. The ONLY reason to replace a driver is if the new driver adds certain functionality you need. One of the main causes of problems on forums such as this are drivers being replaced for no reason. Additionally, you should NEVER use any 3rd party driver software. They only cause problems.

If I were you I'd look for a restore point with a date prior to your replacing the drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users