Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - IRQL not less or eqaul - windows 10 need help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chg4321

chg4321

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

fairly new compaq tower.. cheap basic

i messed up by trying to install an old "external hard drive" (the enclosure broke so i removed from enclosure))    with sata cables to my compaq tower

it didnt work so i disconnected everything,  but soon after i started to get bad pool caller error,  but that has stopped and now its only irql not less or equal errors.  these errors only appear every 4-5 hours of computer being on. i've tried a couple of things

1.  bios -  set everything to defaults

( but my bios advanced options was VERY BASIC and didnt' allow for memory changes so i decided just to restore everything to default.

2.  my memory diagnostics showed that there were no erros detected

so attached are my 2 zip files...please help.  thanks in advance

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

Hi,

All the latest dumps blame your wireless USB adapter:

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlanu.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlanu.sys
If you don't use that USB adapter, physically remove it from the system. We've found that USB networking adapters never function as intended. However, if you do use that adapter, just reinstall the driver.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 chg4321

chg4321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

Ok I disconnected the cheap USB adapter
And installed a new better netgear USB adapter

I ran driver verifier and got bsod driver verifier detected violation

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Can you run the Sysnative Reporting Tool again? It'll upload the latest dumps for us.

Frankly, it's to be expected to get BSODs when running Driver Verifier. In a nutshell, Driver Verifier monitors kernel-mode drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. If it detects such, it'll call a bugcheck (BSOD the system). For now, please disable Driver Verifier — instructions are in the guide you followed.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 chg4321

chg4321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Well the bsod came on when I disconnected USB network adapter manually

I got the USB adapter to work now

I'll post updates to see if the IRQL continues with updated zip files

Thank you

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

You're welcome. Really all I was requesting is for you to disconnect the Realtek USB network adapter and uninstall its driver software, since you have replaced it with a Netgear one.

Edited by bwv848, 03 March 2017 - 07:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users