Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get programs like microsoft office safely?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 baterija12

baterija12

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Hello everyone,

So i have to do homework , make powerpoint slides and my micrsosft office trial has ended. I can't do my homework now :(. It is weird how microsoft office is payed but seems  like it is on every computer and it is required everywhere especially in school. I tried to download office from piratebay got a virus twice!(deleted them after). Now i am scared to download anything because everything in internet seems to be  unsafe. I know that i shouldn't be using peer-to-peer programs and sites and that it is illegal, bla bla bla. But how the hell am i going to do my homework. The program is a must to have really but i can't download it safely. I AM MAD!. Can someone give me a link or just say how to download the program safely. I NEED IT AND CANT BUY IT ! I hope someone can help. THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

You have two very safe options:  Libre Office or Apache's Open Office.  Both have their own web sites, their own downloads.  I highly recommend picking one or both.  And, there are a few other office suites as well.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

You can purchase/get for free Office 365 for Students here. Your school must qualify to get it free. Otherwise you can purchase it at fairly discounted rate, I think.

LibreOffice - Free office software, can import Microsoft Office Documents.

Apache OpenOffice - Free office software, can import Microsoft Office Documents.

Google Docs - Free online/cloud based office software. Stores everything on Google's Cloud so no need to save or make backups.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

...Google Docs - Free online/cloud based office software. Stores everything on Google's Cloud so no need to save or make backups.

Because of Milo Murphy's Law, I recommend having a separate backup onto external media at least once weekly for school material.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

Whaddya you talking about? Who doesn't trust The Cloud?! It's too big to fail! Just like American banks. Indestructible.

#6 baterija12

baterija12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for help but i don't like these microsoft office alternatives i need a real thing. I downloaded microsoft office trial for 2 months with this site : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-office-professional-plus-2013    

Don't know what i am going to do after those 2 months but now it will be good .

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

Well, one option would be to buy it.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

Well, one option would be to buy it.

+ 1 or go back go school.

Office for Students, Teachers, & Schools
Office Home & Student 2016
Students: Get Office free from your school
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#9 mylanta406

mylanta406

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

There is no way to be so fussy with no budget. Either buy what you want and student versions are realtively inexpensive or use the alternatives.

#10 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,685 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

You're probably breaking the terms of service: 2 trials in a row for the same software is most likely against Microsoft's terms of service.

Didier Stevens
http://blog.DidierStevens.com
http://DidierStevensLabs.com

SANS ISC Senior Handler
Microsoft MVP 2011-2016 Consumer Security, Windows Insider MVP 2016-2019
MVP_Horizontal_BlueOnly.png

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users