Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome infected with lp.blpmovies.com and can't get rid of it.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnMcD348

JohnMcD348

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

Help!

Ove the past 2 or 3 weeks, my Chrome browser has been getting a random pop up screen with: lp.blpmovies.com and occasionally also another one that I cannot remember exactly, Open Software Updater, downloader, something like that.  It's only popped up a couple of times over the past 3 days so I don't remember it exactly.  but, it does seem to show up along with the blpmovie web page  pop up also.

They present as additional tabs in my Chrome browser.  Only when I leave the program up and running unattended and unused does this happen.  When I sit at the computer and use it, I've not seen it pop up.

I have left Firefow, I.E.11, Waterfox and M.S. Edge and none of them experience this.

I've tried running 

Adwclean

Malwarebytes

Spybot S&D

HitmanPro

Sophos and 

Norton

Adwclean and Sophos brought out some items that were questionable and I deleted them just to be safe but I am still getting this popup on my Chrome browser.  

I've Googled for solutions and they all say to do what I've done but the one thing it says for me to do that I can't do is to find the actual program or plugin that's causing it.  I've looked and can't find anything that even looks close to this on my system.

I'm out of ideas and desperate for help.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by hamluis, 02 March 2017 - 06:00 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Reset Chrome...
Click on "Customize and control Google Chrome":
p22003758.gif
Click "Settings" then "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen.
Click "Reset browser settings" button.
Restart Chrome.

If the above didn't help....

Reinstall Chrome...
If you want to save your bookmarks...
How to Backup Bookmarks in Google Chrome
If you want to save your passwords as well see here: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-backup-saved-passwords-in-google-chrome-browser/

• Close all Chrome windows and tabs.
  • Go to the Start menu > Control Panel. (Windows 8 users: Learn how to access the Control Panel)
  • Click Programs and Features.
  • Double-click Google Chrome.
  • Click Uninstall from the confirmation dialog. Delete your user profile information, like your browser preferences, bookmarks, and history, by selecting the "Also delete your browsing data" checkbox.

Install fresh copy.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 JohnMcD348

JohnMcD348
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

Thank You Very Much.  I greatly appreciate the help.  I did what you said and so far it's been nearly a day and I haven't had the pop up come back.

Again.  Thank You.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

Good news :)

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users