Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

secondary monitor works but resolution is changed, the primary monitor wont work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fl3xasourous

fl3xasourous

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

I have been running this dual monitor set up for over 2 years and all the sudden I restart my computer and the primary monitor doesn't get any signal and the secondary monitor works but the resolution is messed up and doesn't fit the entire desktop on the screen. Ive tried to restarting the computer, ive checked the cables, ive unplugged and cleaned the connections, ive used the windows troubleshooter. The primary monitor is a ASUS VS seriers LCD monitor, the secondary is some sort of aoc monitor, and the computer is a ASUS CM6830 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

Is it possible to move the video cables to move the problem?

Have you tried updating your video drivers?

#3 fl3xasourous

fl3xasourous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

okay, now the primary monitor (ASUS) is working but under the devices and printers section of the control panel, it says the the AOC monitor is the only monitor connected, but the AOC monitor is the one not working.

Attached Files

Edited by fl3xasourous, 02 March 2017 - 02:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users