Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Raid 0 drive error. 2nd drive now showing as non-raid

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cartotech81

cartotech81

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

I have 2 -  1TB SSDs configured on a Dell M6700. We had to reset the computer one day due to an error and now the 2nd drive comes up as a non-raid. The drives were originally installed in RAID 0 configuration and were working fine.

I have a desktop as well and when I put the drives in there to test they read fine and everything loads. Why would it work fine in one and the other says its non-raid?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

Raid controller failure?

#3 cartotech81

cartotech81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

Not sure. As I dont really need the data I went ahead and made them both RAID ready, but dont have capability to do anything else in PERC as all the other options under physical drive are greyed out except for make global HS. I dont have an option for configuring it to any type of RAID. 

I am in AHCI mode, but only have the options of AHCI, ATA, and None. I dont get an option for RAID for some reason.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:37 AM

You need to delete the original configuration first (clear foreign configuration) , then create a new configuration assigning both drives. Have you verified there are no issues with the SSD's?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 cartotech81

cartotech81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Thanks,

I ran check disk and they worked fine. I ended up creating a new virtual disk configuration and re-imaged the OS. Thanks for all the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users