Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lenovo all-in-one won't boot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 slickk

slickk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

lenovo all-in-one won't boot
i have a lenovo all-in-one
machine type :fob5
mtm:fob50051us
producy family:lenovo c40-05
ram:4gb
hdd:500gb
cpu:a4-7210
o/s:windows 10 home

problem:one morning computer is off (i leave it turned on 24/7)
i pressed the power button and it(power button)lit up but that's all
digging a little deeper the power button, the hard drive and fan are running but that's all no display at all,no beeps
i put a usb thumb drive in and it blinked once after i pressed the power button  but that's all
i unplugged the a/c power adapter---pressed the power button 10-15 times didn't help
i took the c/mos battery out waited a couple hours pressed the power button a few times then replaced the battery with a new one   didn't help
also if you do a forced shut down it won't turn off(has to be unplugged)
lastly there is a small button above the power button that when pressed there is a 10 second count down but nothing happens after the count down (i assume it's to turn the display off but i'm not for sure)

at this point i don't know what to do or check the cpu appears to be soldered to the motherboard(but not sure about that) and it sells for about 200.00 more than i paid for the computer a yr and half ago so i'm stuck
any help would be greatly appreciated---thanks in advance

Edited by slickk, 01 March 2017 - 09:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

Is the power supply putting out the correct voltage? (Check with a multimeter).

Can you access the hard drive when it's connected to another computer? If so, it's probably ok.

Don't have any idea how to test the monitor itself in that all-in-one setup.

#3 slickk

slickk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

yes,voltage is 20v

and hard drive works in my laptop

#4 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

Are you able to test your display with another computer or device?

You want to rule out each device that could possibly be causing the problem in order.

So first try the monitor with another computer/device. Most Lenovo all in ones can be used as regular computer monitors.

If the monitor works with other devices, and you plug it into your computer and get no display, it could possibly be a problem with your graphics card. (Or since this is an all in one, your on-board graphics.)

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

Remove battery? Disconnect power supply. Hold down poer button for 30 seconds. If possible remove a stick of RAM - leave the module closest to CPU/MoBo. Plug in power (no battery - hopefully) and press the power button.

If the machine boots > Run Lenovo System Update. May have to install .NET framework... not sure anymore.

#6 slickk

slickk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:54 PM

it does not have a battery, but i have disconnected the power supply and held the power button for 30 sec or more and reconnected but did not help any

#7 slickk

slickk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

after checking the Lenovo site and its forums among others it appears to be a common problem with Lenovo all-in-one and others that the AMD processors are at fault from overheating,since the warranty is out (by two months)BEST BUY AND LENOVO ARE NO HELP, LENOVO offers an extented warranty even after the base warranty expires but no for these machines so,common problem,no support,no extended warranty you are stuck with a JUNK machine that is 14 months old yet BEST BUY AND LENOVO continue to sell these junk products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users