Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another New Member

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lenh

lenh

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

This if my intro post to BleepingComputers.com. I am having 'slow-down' and other problems with my laptop and I hope to find solutions here. I consider myself computer- and/or techno-challenged. Although I am often able to work through minor glitches, I am not technologically adept at major issues and all the computer language. I consider myself a turn-it-on-and-use-it person. When seeking help, I often need step-by-step instructions, not general responses that assume that I know the details of 'how to'. I am still using a Commodore 128 from time to time. I like the 'turn it on, put program disk in drive, do the job and save, remove the disk(s) and turn off the computer' operation. No viruses, no spyware, no updates, no error messages. It has its limitations but has the advantage of simplicity. I found this site through Google and saw that tutorials were available that might help me. I have a question about HJT that I will post to the Virus/Spyware programs forum. I'm looking forward to solutions that will solve my problems. TIA. lenh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:54 AM

Hi lenh.

You've come to the right spot.

Welcome to BC.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:49 AM

Welcome to BC!
Ii think you will find the information here presented in as simple a manner as computing information can be given, since the members here are all users like yourself. Unfortunately, as we ask computers to do more and more tasks, the problems and the solutions can become something less than straightforward and simple; but if you read something here at BC that you don't understand, never hesitate to ask for a simpler explanation.
For a slow PC, you might take a look at this pinned topic, "Slow Computer Checklist:"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44690/slow-computer/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users