Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ccleaner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

HI,This what i saw in ccleaner when ran analyzer.

(1) 685,000 kb and 24 files, (2) google earth 2,200,000 kb and 3744 files would it be safe to delete these

2 items,thank,s

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Yes. Generally speaking, CCleaner is safe to use.

Note though that it is probably best to avoid "cleaning the registry" with it, or any other program though ... unless you are extremely familiar with doing so.

#3 Angbblue

Angbblue

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

Yes. Generally speaking, CCleaner is safe to use.

Note though that it is probably best to avoid "cleaning the registry" with it, or any other program though ... unless you are extremely familiar with doing so.

This is very true. I found that CCleaners registry cleaner is not safe to use, but it is excellent for all your other files. When I used the registry cleaner, it broke my computer. All I had to do is a system restore but I'll never trust it to clean my registry again.

sig_zpssbt5rtdf.png

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

Even though I have used Auslogics and Wise registry cleaners after having earlier made the routine backups, the previous posters are correct!  I add:  like a surgeon, have an exact purpose, goal set, action plan, for operations -- of any registry cleaner/editor.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users