Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finally! A Gromozon Rootkit Remover!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TyuoYMio

TyuoYMio

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:21 PM

Ick... this has been one bad month with this infection!

I got infected with Gromozon (aka linkoptimizer) rootkit last month and it has been nasssttyyy... slows down my comp, makes popups...

I recommend to anyone who is having a slow comp to try the removal tool http://www.prevx.com/gromozon.asp

it is free, and really gets rid of the infection very quickly (needs to reboot but it does it all fast)

Good luck guys! And Cheers!

Nos vemos!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:42 AM

Thanks for notifying us about this. Just remember that this program removes the entire AppInit_DLLs value from the Windows key, which may remove some legitimate entries. I've seen a few threads where the tool has worked well, and the rootkit has been removed. I've also been told that there are some complications which operating systems that run under a different language.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users