Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Modern/Metro apps issue, as always

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lukyff7ac

lukyff7ac

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

Hi to the community

I'm sure this matter has been exhaustively discussed, not only here on BleepingComputer but almost everywhere as this is a known issue in Win10, but I couldn't find a thread completely related to this here.

If there is a good thread relating to this post in which I should be posting this, I will be glad to.

Anyway, I run a Windows 10 64-bit and performed the anniversary update just yesterday, which saved a computer that was almost dying with a 2015 version of Win10 (audio service was shutting down for no reason, NTFS BSOD errors all the time preventing from booting, needing startup fix, non-working start menu and other goodies)

After the update, everything was fine, except for metro apps. These were working previous to the update, but now, opening them, including the Windows Store app, just make them flash for a second and close, with no error message.

I researched this deeply, and found lots of fixes. The most comprehensive compilation of fixes for this issue can be found here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf/windows-10-some-metro-apps-not-working/41695ba8-b856-46dd-80ef-d342e5bc0cb3

I've tried all of those. None worked. I had the same errors as the first person who answered on the link I posted (answer by user
jjmarte).

Does anyone knows a fix other than those posted on that link? I can't perform a clean install or restore the system just because of these apps, as I have roughly 300GB of software installed, a lot of which I don't have the installation media anymore, but I sure need the calendar and calculator apps running so... bummer.

I thank in advance anyone who might provide an answer.

P.S.: I can provide logs if needed. Just tell which ones I need to track down.

Best regards,
Lucas Almeida

As stated before, I don't get error messages. Opening the Metro/Modern Apps (Windows Store, Weather, Email, Calculator, etc.) just make them open for a few seconds and close automatically, without error message.

I noticed that I posted the wrong link on the OP. This is the link with the solutions I tried: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_store/troubleshooting-windows-10-pc-metro-apps-not/29fb735f-1511-442a-a1c7-eb081e7524d9?tm=1455316080246

> Invalid value for registry

Thanks again.

Regards

Edited by hamluis, 03 March 2017 - 01:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users