Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unsure Of Problem: Lop.z? Spyquake2?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 mariekr

mariekr

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

I have been having problems for weeks, symptoms varying over time. I had been using Norton System Works for years (current and updated), but something got through. Computer slowed to a crawl, I could not use IE, Windows Update, search for files, and more. College sons attempted some fixes, most of the symptoms resolved, then sons left for school. AVG scan was finally clear, for a few days. Problems keep cropping up however. AVG Free pops up warnings repeatedly, stating problems in system32 files. AVG scan would show 6 files infected, then clean them up. Scan right after that would show even more files infected, and they would be "healed." The AVG infections were described as generic Trojans, Lop.Z - no further info avbl.
So I started searching for remedies on my own and found this website.
I have gone through all the steps in the "Before you post." I now have clean AVG scan, Spybot S&D, Lavasort Adaware and McAfee Avert Stinger scans. I had problems with the malware scans, #5 on your list.
First I ran "Housecall" on Firefox. It found 8 problems, but Firefox froze up and closed during the attempt to clean up. Then I ran "Housecall" on IE, with same result. So I guess those things are still there. I think it saved a log? I know it said I had Trojans.
I ran Panda on IE. It only took a few minutes, and a bunch of phony-looking warnings popped up, with offers to "fix" them. I'm sorry, I did not write down the names- "WinAdvisor" perhaps. It seemed like Panda was causing a problem, not fixing it.
I continued down your checklist, with the Stinger Scan, installed ZoneAlarm, and checked for Windows updates.
Finally, I ran Hijack this. I have a log available.
I note also that my program list from the start button says I have SpyQuake 2.
So, I don't know if this is all one problem, or a collection of problems. I appreciate any help avbl.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mariekr

mariekr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

Lop.z? Spyquake2? Housecall Crashes Ie,firefox, Unsure of problem or multiple problems

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:52:06 PM, on 9/2/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID

{05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel -

res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://locator.cdn.imageservr.com
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.5) -

http://eu-housecall.trendmicro-europe.com/...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) -

http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program

Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. -

O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. -

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation -

O23 - Service: Prime95 Service - Unknown owner - C:\Steve\Prime95\prime95.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program

Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC -

C:\WINDOWS\s

#3 mariekr

mariekr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:20 PM

Sorry, I am having trouble figuring out how to post. I sent the first question and log separately. I am trying to send them together this time. Thank you.

Resubmit of Lop.z? Spyquake2? Housecall Crashes Ie,firefox, Unsure of problem or multiple problem --

I have been having problems for weeks, symptoms varying over time. I had been using Norton System Works for years (current and updated), but something got through. Computer slowed to a crawl, I could not use IE, Windows Update, search for files, and more. College sons attempted some fixes, most of the symptoms resolved, then sons left for school. AVG scan was finally clear, for a few days. Problems keep cropping up however. AVG Free pops up warnings repeatedly, stating problems in system32 files. AVG scan would show 6 files infected, then clean them up. Scan right after that would show even more files infected, and they would be "healed." The AVG infections were described as generic Trojans, Lop.Z - no further info avbl.
So I started searching for remedies on my own and found this website.
I have gone through all the steps in the "Before you post." I now have clean AVG scan, Spybot S&D, Lavasort Adaware and McAfee Avert Stinger scans. I had problems with the malware scans, #5 on your list.
First I ran "Housecall" on Firefox. It found 8 problems, but Firefox froze up and closed during the attempt to clean up. Then I ran "Housecall" on IE, with same result. So I guess those things are still there. I think it saved a log? I know it said I had Trojans.
I ran Panda on IE. It only took a few minutes, and a bunch of phony-looking warnings popped up, with offers to "fix" them. I'm sorry, I did not write down the names- "WinAdvisor" perhaps. It seemed like Panda was causing a problem, not fixing it.
I continued down your checklist, with the Stinger Scan, installed ZoneAlarm, and checked for Windows updates.
Finally, I ran Hijack this. I have a log available.
I note also that my program list from the start button says I have SpyQuake 2.
So, I don't know if this is all one problem, or a collection of problems. I appreciate any help avbl.

Log:
Scan saved at 8:52:06 PM, on 9/2/2006

Running processes:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID

O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.5) -

O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) -

http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE

O23 - Service: Prime95 Service - Unknown owner - C:\Steve\Prime95\prime95.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program

#4 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:30 PM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :thumbsup:
I have combined both your threads together into this one. Let's see what we can do for you.

Please download Ewido Anti-spyware and save that file to your desktop.
This is a 30 day trial of the program
  • Once you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.
  • Once the setup is complete you will need run ewido and update the definition files.
  • On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
    • Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
  • Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
  • Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
  • Under "Reports"
    • Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
    • Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
Close Ewido anti-spyware. Do not run a scan just yet. We will shortly.
  • Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.

• Clean out your Temporary Internet files
    • Close Internet Explorer and close any instances of Windows Explorer.
    • Click Start -> Control Panel and then double-click Internet Options.
    • On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
    • In the Delete Files dialog box, tick the Delete all offline content check box , and then click OK.
    • On the General tab, click Delete Cookies under Temporary Internet Files, and then click OK.
    • Click on the Programs tab then click the Reset Web Settings button. Click Apply then OK.
    • Click OK.
    IMPORTANT: Close all windows and do not open any other windows or programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess.

• Lauch ewido-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
  • Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
  • ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
    Once the scan is complete do the following:
  • If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
  • Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
  • Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
  • Close ewido and reboot your system back into Normal Mode and post the results of the ewido scan report along with a new hijackthis log.

Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

#5 mariekr

mariekr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:36 PM

Thanks, Sam! I will follow your instructions.

mariekr

#6 mariekr

mariekr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:08 PM

Sam,
I ran Ewido. It found over 500 baddies. But it said "No report avbl" after I "applied all actions."
Here is the HijackThis Log -

Scan saved at 6:01:22 PM, on 9/3/2006

Running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Desktop\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.5) - http://eu-housecall.trendmicro-europe.com/...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Desktop\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

#7 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:51 PM

It would have been helpful to know what Ewido found, but we'll work around it.

Run Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of the lines listed below. Then close all other windows--you should only see HijackThis on your Desktop--and click the Fix Checked button.

Let's get a look at a more detailed log now.

Please download ComboFix and save it to your desktop.
Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When it's done running it will produce a log for you. Please post that log in your next reply.

Important Note - Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

#8 mariekr

mariekr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

Here is combofix log -

Re - 06-09-03 20:10:03.12
ComboFix 06.08.30BT - Running from: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wtssu.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\components
C:\Program Files\Common Files\{48D2ADF3-096B-1033-0927-020821020001}

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Purity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Folders Quarantined:

C:\QooBox\Purity\WINDOWS\SCURIT~1
C:\QooBox\Purity\WINDOWS\system32\SSTEM~1

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2006-08-03 to 2006-09-03 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2006-09-02 23:43 700,500 ---hs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\bcbeg.bak2
2006-09-01 23:43 699,232 ---hs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\bcbeg.bak1
2006-09-01 23:43 692,276 ---hs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebcb.dll
2006-08-09 18:36 53,248 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe
2006-08-09 18:36 42,496 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\swreg.exe
2006-08-09 18:36 40,960 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\swsc.exe
2006-08-09 18:36 288,417 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SrchSTS.exe
2006-08-09 09:38 960,344 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.bak2
2006-08-08 18:13 1,022,278 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.ini2
2006-08-08 16:17 971,953 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.bak1

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2006-09-03 20:10 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2006-09-03 20:08 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
2006-09-03 20:03 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Hijackthis
2006-09-02 20:32 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Zone Labs
2006-09-02 18:53 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
2006-09-02 17:43 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2006-09-02 17:43 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Palm
2006-09-02 17:43 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2006-09-02 17:43 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\AIM95
2006-09-02 15:22 76560 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys
2006-08-24 18:24 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\ScanSoft Shared
2006-08-09 21:49 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird
2006-08-09 21:28 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\Thunderbird
2006-08-09 19:25 777472 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avg7core.sys
2006-08-09 19:25 4288 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avg7rsw.sys
2006-08-09 19:25 27904 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avg7rsxp.sys
2006-08-09 19:25 23424 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avgmfrs.sys
2006-08-09 19:25 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Grisoft
2006-08-09 19:25 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\AVG7
2006-08-09 19:19 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks
2006-08-09 19:15 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Symantec
2006-08-09 19:05 -------- d--h----- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2006-08-09 19:05 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Command and Conquer Generals
2006-08-09 19:02 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\DivX
2006-08-09 13:08 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard
2006-08-08 17:41 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\Lavasoft
2006-08-08 15:19 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2006-08-04 11:17 -------- d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\Microsoft
2006-07-27 09:24 679424 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcomm.dll
2006-07-25 18:36 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money
2006-07-21 04:24 72704 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\hlink.dll
2006-07-19 19:00 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\ScanSoft
2006-07-19 18:59 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\ScanSoft
2006-07-19 18:58 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Canon
2006-07-10 20:51 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Java

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
"AVG7_CC"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Grisoft\\AVGFRE~1\\avgcc.exe /STARTUP"
"Zone Labs Client"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Zone Labs\\ZoneAlarm\\zlclient.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MSMSGS"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe\" /background"
"MoneyAgent"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Money\\System\\mnyexpr.exe\""
"Norton SystemWorks"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Norton SystemWorks\\cfgwiz.exe\" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system]
"dontdisplaylastusername"=dword:00000000
"legalnoticecaption"=""
"legalnoticetext"=""
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"undockwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components]
"DeskHtmlVersion"=dword:00000110
"DeskHtmlMinorVersion"=dword:00000005
"Settings"=dword:00000001
"GeneralFlags"=dword:00000005

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"
"Flags"=dword:00000002
"Position"=hex:2c,00,00,00,cc,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,34,03,00,00,e4,02,00,00,00,\
"CurrentState"=hex:04,00,00,40
"OriginalStateInfo"=hex:18,00,00,00,ff,ff,00,00,ff,ff,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
ff,ff,04,00,00,00
"RestoredStateInfo"=hex:18,00,00,00,12,03,00,00,23,00,00,00,dc,00,00,00,d2,00,\

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"AVG7_Run"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Grisoft\\AVGFRE~1\\avgw.exe /RUNONCE"

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{AEB6717E-7E19-11d0-97EE-00C04FD91972}"=""
"{091EB208-39DD-417D-A5DD-7E2C2D8FB9CB}"="Microsoft AntiMalware ShellExecuteHook"
"{57B86673-276A-48B2-BAE7-C6DBB3020EB8}"="ewido anti-spyware 4.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupfolder]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start

Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk]
"path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk"
"backup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\pss\\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnkCommon Startup"
"location"="Common Startup"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Adobe\\ACROBA~2.0\\Reader\\READER~1.EXE "
"item"="Adobe Reader Speed Launch"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\AIM]
"key"="SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run"
"item"="aim"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\AIM95\\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\BMUpdate]
"item"="BMUpdate"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\BMUpdate.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\ccApp]
"item"="ccApp"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\CTHelper]
"item"="CTHELPER"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="CTHELPER.EXE"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\HP Component Manager]
"item"="hpcmpmgr"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\hpcoretech\\hpcmpmgr.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\HP Software Update]
"item"="HPWuSchd2"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Hewlett-Packard\\HP Software Update\\HPWuSchd2.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\HPDJ Taskbar Utility]
"item"="hpztsb09"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\hpztsb09.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\KernelFaultCheck]
"item"="dumprep 0 -k"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="%systemroot%\\system32\\dumprep 0 -k"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\masqform.exe]
"item"="masqform"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\PureEdge\\Viewer 6.0\\masqform.exe -UpdateCurrentUser"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\NeroCheck]
"item"="NeroCheck"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\NeroCheck.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Norton SystemWorks]
"item"="cfgwiz"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Norton SystemWorks\\cfgwiz.exe\" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\NvCplDaemon]
"item"="NvCpl"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\NvMediaCenter]
"item"="NvMcTray"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\nwiz]
"item"="nwiz"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="nwiz.exe /install"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\OPSE reminder]
"item"="ereg"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\ScanSoft\\OmniPageSE2.0\\EregEng\\Ereg.exe\" -r \"C:\\Program

Files\\ScanSoft\\OmniPageSE2.0\\EregEng\\ereg.ini\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\OpwareSE2]
"item"="OpwareSE2"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\ScanSoft\\OmniPageSE2.0\\OpwareSE2.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Picasa Media Detector]
"item"="PicasaMediaDetector"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Picasa2\\PicasaMediaDetector.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\QD FastAndSafe]
"item"="AcctMgr"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Norton SystemWorks\\Password Manager\\AcctMgr.exe /startup"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\QuickTime Task]
"item"="qttask"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\SiSUSBRG]
"item"="SiSUSBrg"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SiSUSBrg.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Steam]
"item"=""
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"=""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\SunJavaUpdateSched]
"item"="jusched"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_06\\bin\\jusched.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Symantec NetDriver Monitor]
"item"="SNDMon"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\SYMNET~1\\SNDMon.exe /Consumer"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\TkBellExe]
"item"="realsched"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\ViewMgr]
"item"="ViewMgr"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Viewpoint\\Viewpoint Manager\\ViewMgr.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Windows Defender]
"item"="MSASCui"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Defender\\MSASCui.exe\" -hide"
"inimapping"="0"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\gebcb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\mlljh
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\winowl32

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job

Completion time: Sun 09/03/2006 20:11:54.54
ComboFix.txt

About the Ewido - I followed your instructions. Should I have gotten a log? I know it was mostly tracking cookies. I think there were two adware things. A winfix or some similar name. And on the right side of the screen were two other things, numbers and letters, maybe starting with H... looking vaguely like registry keys (to my untrained eye). But all this vanished after I told it to Apply actions (which seemed to quarantine, can we find them?)

marie

#9 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

Don't worry about Ewido. We may come back to it again though.

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in a reply to this thread.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

#10 mariekr

mariekr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

VundoFix found no problems.

Here is the HijackThis log -

Scan saved at 8:47:03 PM, on 9/3/2006

Running processes:

O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Documents and

Settings\Re\Desktop\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe

I am curious as to why I seem to have Symantec stuff in there, when I have uninstalled Norton.

marie

#11 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:03 PM

I am curious as to why I seem to have Symantec stuff in there, when I have uninstalled Norton.

That's a good question. You should ask Symantec that. :thumbsup:

Norton almost never uninstalls cleanly. Bad programming from a bad program. I'll help you get rid of all of it once we clean up your malware issues.

Vundo is there. It's just being difficult.

For this next step, it is important that you have Combofix located at your desktop.
Please download ComboFix and save it to your desktop.

IMPORTANT - Make sure the Combofix is saved to your desktop.

Click Start -> Run
Copy the command below and paste it into the Run box and click Ok.

"%userprofile%\desktop\combofix.exe" /v gebcb mlljh

When it's done running it will produce a log for you. Please post that log in your next reply.

#12 mariekr

mariekr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

and the log is .....

Re - 06-09-03 21:10:35.29
ComboFix 06.08.30BT - Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Re\desktop

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Vundo Log )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebcb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bcbeg.bak1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bcbeg.bak2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bcbeg.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.bak1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.bak2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.tmp

* * * POST RUN FILES/FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Purity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Folders Quarantined:

C:\QooBox\Purity\WINDOWS\SCURIT~1
C:\QooBox\Purity\WINDOWS\system32\SSTEM~1

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2006-08-03 to 2006-09-03 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2006-08-09 18:36 53,248 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe
2006-08-09 18:36 42,496 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\swreg.exe
2006-08-09 18:36 40,960 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\swsc.exe
2006-08-09 18:36 288,417 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SrchSTS.exe

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2006-09-03 20:54 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
2006-09-03 20:46 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Hijackthis
2006-09-03 20:10 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2006-09-02 20:32 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Zone Labs
2006-09-02 18:53 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
2006-09-02 17:43 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2006-09-02 17:43 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Palm
2006-09-02 17:43 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2006-09-02 17:43 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\AIM95
2006-09-02 15:22 76560 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys
2006-08-24 18:24 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\ScanSoft Shared
2006-08-09 21:49 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird
2006-08-09 21:28 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\Thunderbird
2006-08-09 19:25 777472 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avg7core.sys
2006-08-09 19:25 4288 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avg7rsw.sys
2006-08-09 19:25 27904 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avg7rsxp.sys
2006-08-09 19:25 23424 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avgmfrs.sys
2006-08-09 19:25 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Grisoft
2006-08-09 19:25 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\AVG7
2006-08-09 19:19 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks
2006-08-09 19:15 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Symantec
2006-08-09 19:05 -------- d--h----- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2006-08-09 19:05 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Command and Conquer Generals
2006-08-09 19:02 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\DivX
2006-08-09 13:08 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard
2006-08-08 17:41 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\Lavasoft
2006-08-08 15:19 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2006-08-04 11:17 -------- d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\Microsoft
2006-07-27 09:24 679424 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcomm.dll
2006-07-25 18:36 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money
2006-07-21 04:24 72704 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\hlink.dll
2006-07-19 19:00 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Re\Application Data\ScanSoft
2006-07-19 18:59 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\ScanSoft
2006-07-19 18:58 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Canon
2006-07-10 20:51 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Java

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
"AVG7_CC"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Grisoft\\AVGFRE~1\\avgcc.exe /STARTUP"
"Zone Labs Client"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Zone Labs\\ZoneAlarm\\zlclient.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MSMSGS"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe\" /background"
"MoneyAgent"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Money\\System\\mnyexpr.exe\""
"Norton SystemWorks"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Norton SystemWorks\\cfgwiz.exe\" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system]
"dontdisplaylastusername"=dword:00000000
"legalnoticecaption"=""
"legalnoticetext"=""
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"undockwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components]
"DeskHtmlVersion"=dword:00000110
"DeskHtmlMinorVersion"=dword:00000005
"Settings"=dword:00000001
"GeneralFlags"=dword:00000005

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"
"Flags"=dword:00000002
"Position"=hex:2c,00,00,00,cc,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,34,03,00,00,e4,02,00,00,00,\
"CurrentState"=hex:04,00,00,40
"OriginalStateInfo"=hex:18,00,00,00,ff,ff,00,00,ff,ff,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
ff,ff,04,00,00,00
"RestoredStateInfo"=hex:18,00,00,00,12,03,00,00,23,00,00,00,dc,00,00,00,d2,00,\

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{AEB6717E-7E19-11d0-97EE-00C04FD91972}"=""
"{091EB208-39DD-417D-A5DD-7E2C2D8FB9CB}"="Microsoft AntiMalware ShellExecuteHook"
"{57B86673-276A-48B2-BAE7-C6DBB3020EB8}"="ewido anti-spyware 4.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupfolder]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start

Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk]
"path"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk"
"backup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\pss\\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnkCommon Startup"
"location"="Common Startup"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Adobe\\ACROBA~2.0\\Reader\\READER~1.EXE "
"item"="Adobe Reader Speed Launch"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\AIM]
"item"="aim"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\AIM95\\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\BMUpdate]
"item"="BMUpdate"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\BMUpdate.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\ccApp]
"item"="ccApp"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\CTHelper]
"item"="CTHELPER"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="CTHELPER.EXE"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\HP Component Manager]
"item"="hpcmpmgr"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\hpcoretech\\hpcmpmgr.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\HP Software Update]
"item"="HPWuSchd2"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Hewlett-Packard\\HP Software Update\\HPWuSchd2.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\HPDJ Taskbar Utility]
"item"="hpztsb09"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\hpztsb09.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\KernelFaultCheck]
"item"="dumprep 0 -k"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="%systemroot%\\system32\\dumprep 0 -k"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\masqform.exe]
"item"="masqform"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\PureEdge\\Viewer 6.0\\masqform.exe -UpdateCurrentUser"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\NeroCheck]
"item"="NeroCheck"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\NeroCheck.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Norton SystemWorks]
"item"="cfgwiz"
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Norton SystemWorks\\cfgwiz.exe\" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\NvCplDaemon]
"item"="NvCpl"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\NvMediaCenter]
"item"="NvMcTray"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\nwiz]
"item"="nwiz"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="nwiz.exe /install"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\OPSE reminder]
"item"="ereg"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\ScanSoft\\OmniPageSE2.0\\EregEng\\Ereg.exe\" -r \"C:\\Program

Files\\ScanSoft\\OmniPageSE2.0\\EregEng\\ereg.ini\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\OpwareSE2]
"item"="OpwareSE2"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\ScanSoft\\OmniPageSE2.0\\OpwareSE2.exe\""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Picasa Media Detector]
"item"="PicasaMediaDetector"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Picasa2\\PicasaMediaDetector.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\QD FastAndSafe]
"item"="AcctMgr"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Norton SystemWorks\\Password Manager\\AcctMgr.exe /startup"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\QuickTime Task]
"item"="qttask"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\SiSUSBRG]
"item"="SiSUSBrg"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SiSUSBrg.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Steam]
"item"=""
"hkey"="HKCU"
"command"=""
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\SunJavaUpdateSched]
"item"="jusched"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_06\\bin\\jusched.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Symantec NetDriver Monitor]
"item"="SNDMon"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\SYMNET~1\\SNDMon.exe /Consumer"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\TkBellExe]
"item"="realsched"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\ViewMgr]
"item"="ViewMgr"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="C:\\Program Files\\Viewpoint\\Viewpoint Manager\\ViewMgr.exe"
"inimapping"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSCONFIG\Startupreg\Windows Defender]
"item"="MSASCui"
"hkey"="HKLM"
"command"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Defender\\MSASCui.exe\" -hide"
"inimapping"="0"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\winowl32

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job

Completion time: Sun 09/03/2006 21:13:25.56
ComboFix.txt
ComboFix2.txt

#13 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

That took care of our sneaky Vundo infection.
Please post a new hijackthis log.

I also need to see a different type of log from Hijackthis
  • Run Hijackthis.
  • Click on "Open the Misc Tools section".
  • Next click on "Open uninstall manager".
  • Press the button 'save list'. It will open a Notepad file.
  • Place the content of that file here in your in your next reply.

#14 mariekr

mariekr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:02 PM

Hijack Log, done the way I've been doing it. You only want me to run it once, right?

Scan saved at 6:55:58 PM, on 9/4/2006

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program

Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft

Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program

Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E647D71F-3E98-4CB6-983F-107011EE8835} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljh.dll (file

missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winowl32 - winowl32.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Documents and

Settings\Re\Desktop\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe

Uninstall list from Hijack

Ad-Aware SE Personal
Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader 7.0.8
Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0
AOL Instant Messenger
AOL Instant Messenger (SM)
AP Tuner 2.07
ArcSoft Software Suite
ASUSDVD XP
AVG Free Edition
Canon MP170
Canon Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint
ClearType Tuning Control Panel Applet
Creative Jukebox Driver
Creative NOMAD Jukebox Zen Xtra
Documents To Go
ewido anti-spyware 4.0
Flash Capture 1.20
Google Earth
Half-Life
Hello (remove only)
HijackThis 1.99.1
ICS Viewer 6.0
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 2
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_05
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_06
Lexi-CONNECT
Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669
Microsoft Money 2003
Microsoft Money 2003 System Pack
Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
Mozilla Firefox (1.5)
Mozilla Thunderbird (1.5)
MyIM 2.1.0
Nero
Nikon Message Center
Norton AntiVirus Parent MSI
NVIDIA Drivers
OmniPage SE 2.0
overland
Palm Desktop
Panda ActiveScan
Pharmacist's Letter for Palm
Picasa 2
PictureProject
Quicken 2006
QuickTime
RealPlayer
Rhapsody Player Engine
Savings Bond Wizard
Secure Delivery
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB883939)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899589)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912812)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB916281)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918899)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
The Print Shop Premier Edition 5.0
The Print Shop PressWriter 1.5
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB896727)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Webshots Desktop
Winamp (remove only)
Windows Defender
Windows Defender Signatures
Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.0254.0
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Media Encoder 7.1
Windows Media Format Runtime
Windows Media Player 10
Windows XP Hotfix - KB834707
Windows XP Hotfix - KB867282
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890923
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
Windows XP Service Pack 2
WinRAR archiver
ZoneAlarm

Now you know my life story (or part of it anyway) ...

#15 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:19 PM

Nothing to be ashamed of there. I've seen some others though. :thumbsup: :flowers:

Run Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of the lines listed below. Then close all other windows--you should only see HijackThis on your Desktop--and click the Fix Checked button.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E647D71F-3E98-4CB6-983F-107011EE8835} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljh.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winowl32 - winowl32.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF.dll (file missing)

============

Click Start > Run and type these commands hitting enter after each one:

sc stop Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler

sc delete Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler

sc stop LiveUpdate

sc delete LiveUpdate

sc stop SNDSrvc

sc delete SNDSrvc

===========

Follow steps 1-3 from this page to remove Norton completely.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/share...v_lvl=&seg=

===========

Delete this folder, if still present.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared

===========

Update Java:
  • Click Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
  • Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java. (J2SE Runtime Environment.... )

It should have next icon next to it: Posted Image
    Select it and click Remove.
  • The current version of Java can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp Scroll down the page to 'Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 8' and press the 'Download' button. On the new web page, click the 'Accept License Agreement' button. Then select 'Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language' in the Windows Platform area just below the Accept button.
============

Post a new hijackthis log and let me know of any problems that you are still having.

Edited by Buckeye_Sam, 04 September 2006 - 06:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users