Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird alien voices coming out of my speakers.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Exoclap

Exoclap

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

So I have this really really weird issue. I have these really old speakers that are connected to my PC/audio port. So when nothing is playing I usually notice that weird muffled sounds are coming out of my speakers. Sometimes I hear them non stop but sometimes they quickly go away.

I know a lot of you might think I'm messing around or that I'm going crazy but I'm actually legit.

Here is the audio file that I've recorded with my phone. The hissing sound coming from my speakers is because I was moving the cable around so I could hear the voices as clear as I can.

https://clyp.it/zson1vru

Mods can check that the link above is a not a virus or anything like that I just want to get this thing solved.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,680 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

It sounds to me like a SSB (Single Sideband) transmission like CB radio or a ham radio operator, or some service like Taxi if they still use analog transmission in your region.

This usually happens when there is a broken earth somewhere in the sound connections, and the way that it comes and goes with hum and buzzing also indicates an earthing problem.

Being old speakers, the earth shielding in the connecting cable is probably fractured and only intermittently making contact.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

Sorry could not help myself

Attached Files

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:28 AM

I agree with Platypus that you may be picking up a broadcast.

Edited by hamluis, 03 March 2017 - 01:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users