Thank you for your patience while I analyzed your FRST logs and for permission to address you by your first name.
In future, I would ask that you copy and paste, rather than attach, the content of all scan and fix logs that I request, into your replies. That makes it much faster for me to analyze. Thank you for your cooperation.
Before we start dealing with the problems you are experiencing, I would ask that you to take note of the following points:
- I am a Bleeping Computer volunteer, so I ask you to be patient. I know it is frustrating when your computer is not working properly, but malware removal takes time.
- Please also remember that I only dedicate a limited number of hours a day to helping people. We may live in different time zones, which may cause delays in responding.
- If I have not responded to you within 48 hours, please send me a personal message. Likewise, I expect you to respond within 48 hours, and sooner is better because we can fix your computer faster.
- If I have not heard from you in three days, I will "bump" your post. After five days of no response, I will consider that you no longer need my assistance and this thread will be closed.
- Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.
- Some issues just cannot be solved so you must be prepared for this.
- Please read and follow the instructions in the exact sequence that they are posted to avoid making a bad situation worse.
- Please print or copy and save the instructions.
- Back up all your data and important files on another (external) drive before starting to run malware removal tools.
- You should try to limit your browsing with this computer until you are given the "All Clear." Some malware applications steal passwords.
- Please do not install or uninstall any applications, unless directed. Don't run any scripts or tools on your own because unsupervised usage may cause more harm than good.
- Please use only the tools you have been instructed to use.
- If you are using CD/DVD emulation software, this should be uninstalled or disabled as it can interfere with the removal of some malware. It can be turned off with Defogger and then turned back on when you get the "All Clear."
- Please copy and paste the requested log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.
- There are no silly questions. Ask for clarification, if you have any questions or concerns.
- Bleeping Computer does not support any piracy. Evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens, etc., will be revealed by scan logs, and if found, further assistance may be suspended. Uninstall such software before proceeding!
- Any P2P software such as uTorrent, BitTorrent, Kazaa, etc. must be uninstalled or completely disabled. P2P software is a major security risk to your computer and may have been the route the malware used to infect your computer.
- Failure to follow these guidelines may result in assistance being withdrawn and your thread being closed.
- I am volunteering my time to help you, and I will need you to help me. Together, we can, hopefully, disinfect your computer and get if functioning properly again. That is my only aim.
OK, let's get started ...
Unfortunately, in going over your logs, I see evidence of a software utility, or utilities, used to evade software licensing requirements for one or more programs. You might not be aware of this program, so I am NOT accusing you of knowingly installing this on your computer.
Bleeping Computer does not condone software piracy. I am going to have to ask you to remove any and all software that you do not own, and to remove the software that is evading licensing requirements. If you are not aware of that software utility, or utilities, then you must agree, that as a part of my "fix" for your computer, I will remove/disable any, and all, such software, tasks, etc., designed to evade legal software licencing requirements that I detect in the scan logs.
If that is agreeable to you, then after you have uninstalled any illicit software, please run the following scan for me.
Scan with CKScanner
Download CKScanner by askey127 and save it to your desktop.
- Right-click on icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
- click Search For Files.
- When finished, click Save List To File.
- Remember to run this tool once only, if not asked to run it again.
Please copy and paste the content of CKFiles.txt into your next reply.
Thank you and have a great day.