Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

T410, dying screen, startup problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blabaerflaqger

Blabaerflaqger

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

Hey everyone,

I am facing some problems with my Lenovo Thinkpad T410. The screen acted as seen in the attached photo. I disassembled the laptop following the service manual, took out the LCD screen out of the cover, connected the screen again and it was acting the same, but system etc. started normally. I ordered a new screen on eBay and put aside the disassembled laptop waiting for the part to arrive. When it arrived, I connected the old screen just to check if the computer itself is still fine and there's where problems have begun. When I start the laptop, the cooling fan runs for a few seconds, then stops for 10s and starts to run again at high rpm. The screen doesn't work. The same is for the new screen. External screen connected via VGA doesn't find the signal.

What's wrong, what to do?

34oehdk.jpg

Edited by Blabaerflaqger, 28 February 2017 - 02:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:21 PM

I just did a google and this model appears to have problems with overheating. From what you describe I would have to hazard a guess it's the motherboard and/or the graphics chipset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users