Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Upgrading my CPU for live streaming games, if it even can be upgraded.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket_Finn

Rocket_Finn

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

So I recently upgraded my power supply to a Corsair CX500 and I also upgraded my graphics card to a  gigabyte Radeon RX 480 4gb. As it says in the title, every now and then, I like to stream games on twitch. Currently the only thing that appears to be holding me back is my CPU, as OBS says when I stream that it is under a lot of stress. My motherboard is an MSI 760GM-P23(FX). My current processor is an AMD FX-4300 quad core 3.8ghz. I will put links to the parts that I listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PSU: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Graphics Card: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125907&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Motherboard: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130630&cm_re=msi_760GM-P23%28FX%29-_-13-130-630-_-Product

CPU: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113287

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

Mod Edit:  Please...use the REPLY button to post, not the QUOTE button.  Thanks - Hamluis.

Assuming your budget isn't too low, I'd wait for AMD Ryzen to be released (a couple of days). It currently beats intel and has more cores which benefits streaming.

PS: Ignore everything I said. I didn't realise this was just an upgrade.

Also, sorry about the quoting hamluis, I'll try and get out of the habit of it.

Edited by Planemaster2, 27 February 2017 - 04:16 PM.

#3 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

FX-8320E should work even motherboard is quite low end. That's also quite cheap.

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

Honestly if you want to consider yourself somewhat of a computer enthusiast for streaming you should then consider making the switch to Intel .. even the core I3 Intel system can run circles around the fastest AMD core you can get for that motherboard.  I3 came out in 2010.  So.. do some math here.. do you want to upgrade or put a bandaid on a gaping wound?  Yes I am an Intel fan.. but none of my clients have ever been disappointed in what I build them.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 27 February 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Honestly if you want to consider yourself somewhat of a computer enthusiast for streaming you should then consider making the switch to Intel .. even the core I3 Intel system can run circles around the fastest AMD core you can get for that motherboard.  I3 came out in 2010.  So.. do some math here.. do you want to upgrade or put a bandaid on a gaping wound?  Yes I am an Intel fan.. but none of my clients have ever been disappointed in what I build them.

You forgot that computer is going for live streaming. For that use, no i3 has chance against any AMD FX-8xxx (unless game single core crap like World of Tanks or WOW, that is).

None of my clients have ever been disappointed when I have build AMD machine for them.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 28 February 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#7 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

gaming while streaming is one place the Ryzen will shine......

Edited by hamluis, 03 March 2017 - 10:27 AM.
Typo - Hamluis.

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users