Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor issue with mini pc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bobbleheaderman

bobbleheaderman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

Hey all,  newbie forum member here.  :hello:

OK, so I purchased a mini PC to utilize an old Acer monitor that was lying around.  The monitor has dvi-d and vga inputs.  details of the mini PC are in the photo below but to summarize it only has HDMI out

• The problem is that I cannot get past the no input screen on the monitor when running signal from mini pc.
  •  If I unplug the HDMI cable from the mini PC and plug it into my Asus laptop it shows instantly on the Acer monitor.  
  • If I use the mini PC on a HDMI TV I get a picture instantly.  

Both my laptop and mini PC are running windows 10 and both are running HD graphics 400.   I am not a computer whiz but don't mind playing around with some Web help.  Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 27 February 2017 - 02:21 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

I assume your using a converter to go from DVI-D to HDMI? if not, how are you going from DVI-D to HDMI?

#3 bobbleheaderman

bobbleheaderman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

I assume your using a converter to go from DVI-D to HDMI? if not, how are you going from DVI-D to HDMI?

My cable is HDMI out from computer end and DVI-D on monitor end.  no converter just a simple HDMI to DVI-D cable.  Do i need one? Why does the monitor work with my other computer with the same set up? I am thinking video card settings on the mini are different but I can't change them when plugged into the Acer monitor that is giving problems and when plugged into HDMI TV via HDMI to HDMI it only shows the settings of the currently used monitor

#4 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

Could be the cable. Usually I would get a standard vga cable and use a vga to hdmi adapter. (could always buy one, try it. doesn't work, return it).

#5 bobbleheaderman

bobbleheaderman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for the info,  I have ordered this 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ZMV7RL2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hopefully it will solve my issue

#6 bobbleheaderman

bobbleheaderman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

The  HDMI to VGA with audio extractor worked.  I can plug headphones into the jack on the converter  and I was also able to pair a Bluetooth speaker to the mini PC for room sound.   :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users