Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 no internet connection - tracert fixes?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 e88e

e88e

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Windows 7 -> multiple clients. Can suddenly not browser internet (any browser). 

Looks like Winsock just stops working?

I have tried:

nets int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh advfirewall reset

Nothing seems to work. 

When the issue occurs: I cannot ping out (internal network connections are fine. I can still access shared drives, and network printers) 
To temp fix. I run tracert on any external site. Immediately internet browsing works. 

When problem returns I notice that client is not making any HTTP requests (over wireshark) there is not HTTP traffic at all. 

As soon as I run tracert everything starts. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 e88e

e88e
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

Does anyone have any insight

#3 ItsAllGeekToMe

ItsAllGeekToMe

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

I would check for any power management settings on your network cards whether they be wireless or hard wired.  One place to look is Control Panel under Power Options/Change Plan Settings.  Another place would be Device Manager --> Network Adapters.  Open them up and check the Power Management tab and make sure that the "Allow the computer to tuirn off this device to save power" is unchecked.  I am including a couple of screenshots to show what I mean.  Hope that helps.

Attached Files

#4 e88e

e88e
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

Please see original post. all networking devices are operational during this problem. No internet, no outgoing HTTP traffic. While connected to network drives, printers and outlook via exchange. So it has nothing to do w/ power

Edited by e88e, 07 March 2017 - 02:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users