Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Bytes Keeps getting deleted after restarting computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 east711

east711

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:59 AM

Like the title says, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0 keeps getting deleted after I restart my computer. This has only happened today and has been recurring every time I keep installing it. I'm not sure what to do, is there a virus on my computer or is this a registry fault? Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

When you say deleted....do you mean it is being uninstalled or real time protection is turned off?

Is this the FREE version or other?

If you have bought MBAM I suggest you post the problem in the MBAM Forum....Malwarebytes 3.0 - Malwarebytes Forums

Are you experiencing any known malware or adware symptoms....slow....ads...misdirected searches...etc.?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,517 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

This is a stretch, but, such can be an issue of the pay-for license.  I will lose my pay-for Emsisoft AM/AV now and then if the license process does not complete its cycle [whatever such is supposed to do]  during Windows' load/startup/internet connectivity.  I think my Malwarebytes sometimes bit the dust in the past.  Free versions "do not care one whit" about Windows load/startup, however, periodically, the pay-fors care.

Edited by RolandJS, 27 February 2017 - 11:17 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 east711

east711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

@buddy215:

When I say deleted I mean actually as if I uninstalled it. The only thing that the base folder contains is mbae64.dll everything else is missing. I have premium and have had it for about half a year now with no problems until about 2 days ago. I have very high ping in league of legends, but nothing out of the ordinary other than malware bytes uninstalling. I ran a scan when i reinstalled it yesterday and found some registry things and quarantined/removed them.

@RolandJS :

i have premium and have had no problems until recently, it may just be some registry errors?

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,101 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

I'm sure MBAM would like to resolve this for you. I still think you should ask for assistance at their forum. It's not unusual

for malware to prevent the updating of MBAM or to prevent downloading or installing of MBAM...but this I have never seen before.

I do have one other question...is there any chance that someone else could of had access to the computer?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 east711

east711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

No one but me uses my computer. So it's likely no one messed with anything. 

#7 east711

east711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

Also, I tried troubleshooting my Wi-Fi connections and got this https://gyazo.com/5c0ea6c03b06aad1a3f35e79a559c8f1

But this may be a nother topic that i have to start

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

There have been reports of various issues and glitches with Malwarebytes 3.0. As noted above by buddy215, you should report this issue at the Malwarebytes 3.0 Support Forum so the development team can investigate.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users