Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from a low tech new guy.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 knollstudio

knollstudio

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

I am a photographer, own my own place, 60 years of age. Around 2001, I hired a young man, fresh out of of high school to help with various duties at the studio. His interest was technology, but was equally interested in photography. As the digital revolution emerged and became such a big part of the industry, he embraced it. And he took over all tech related duties, fine with me, as was doing the photography,  in 2011, he left quite suddenly to start his own business, and I found the amount of knowledge I'd  learned was sorely lacking.

Now I'm still coping with the absence of my tech whiz kid. And still struggling with certain areas I counted on him for.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

Welcome to BC !

Yes, the arrival of digital technology has had a huge impact on photography. It has not changed the skill involved in creating a good photo but it has made taking 1 image very much cheaper than it used to be. My wife and I have been involved in a large on-line project over the last ten years and it would not have been possible without digital photography.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users