Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats the craziest conspiracy theories you've ever heard of?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

I've always found conspiracy theories to be fascinating and annoying at the same time. Manly because most conspiracy theories barely even qualify as a hypothesis such as the idea of a hollow earth, I know because I use to be into ufology when I was younger and I tell you boy theres some crazy ideas in ufology. :hysterical: The so called hollow earth theory states that there are interconnected tunnels throughout the earths crust where aliens reside such as the lizard people. And thats just one example of some of the ideas in ufology.

Please share some of the craziest conspiracy theories you heard of.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mklangelo

Mklangelo

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

That 9/11 was a Jewish plot designed to create a pretense for killing Muslims. 

“Let us all be happy and live within our means, even if we have to borrow the money to do it with”

-Artemus Ward

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

Heres one I pulled out my butt Mklangelo Albert Einstein conspired to assassinate John F Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln, You see he made a time machine as part a Jewish plot. :rolleyes: And Lee Harvey Oswald & John Wilkes Booth were both fall-guys you see John F Kennedy assassinated Abraham Lincoln and Abraham Lincoln assassinated John F Kennedy thus creating a time paradox. :lol:

#4 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

I think "Conspiracy Theory" needs to be in context. A perfect example was the "Flat Earth" belief/theory - even though it was plainly obvious that the Moon and Sun were round, the Earth will be also.

Conspiracy Theory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory
https://www.maxwell.syr.edu/uploadedFiles/news/Conspiracy%20Theories.pdf

Flat Earth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

The idea of a spherical Earth appeared in Greek philosophy with Pythagoras (6th century BC), although most pre-Socratics (6th – 5th century BC) retained the flat Earth model. Aristotle provided evidence for the spherical shape of the Earth on empirical grounds by around 330 BC. Knowledge of the spherical Earth gradually began to spread beyond the Hellenistic world from then on.[2][3][4][5]

Please don’t be a f*cking dumbass’: Maher panel slams NBA player for thinking the earth is flat. https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/please-dont-be-a-fcking-dumbass-maher-panel-slams-nba-player-for-thinking-the-earth-is-flat/

Here are 10 ‘proofs’ that the Earth is actually flat, not round. http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/19/here-are-10-proofs-that-the-earth-is-actually-flat-not-round-6016710/

And the greatest Conspiracy Theory in modern times, how did Donald Trump become president?

58 Donald Trump Conspiracy Theories (and Counting!): The Definitive Trump Conspiracy Guide. http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/58-donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-and-counting-definitive-trump-conspiracy-guide

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#5 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for sharing Crazy Cat. :) I'm fairly familiar with the Flat Earth idea, sheesh its ridiculous that people still believe in this idea to this day. And it's pretty pathetic that president Trump even acknowledges these conspiracy theories.

#6 Ignas79

Ignas79

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

Hitler fled to Argentina

#7 Mklangelo

Mklangelo

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

Crazy Cat, et al.

Are you saying that the Flat Earth belief is/was a Conspiracy Theory?  :alien:

Edited by Mklangelo, 28 February 2017 - 11:36 AM.

“Let us all be happy and live within our means, even if we have to borrow the money to do it with”

-Artemus Ward

#8 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

At Mklangelo: Are you saying that the Flat Earth belief is/was a Conspiracy Theory?

NO! If there is empirical evidence, and one considers the evidence objectively, then the conclusion is the Earth is spherical. Even with such empirical evidence, if one believes that the Earth is flat, and creates a Conspiracy Theory to suggest different.

Example. http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/19/here-are-10-proofs-that-the-earth-is-actually-flat-not-round-6016710/

A new book by Eric Dubay, The Atlantean Conspiracy: 200 Proofs The Earth Is Not A Spinning Ball, hopes to blow the lid on what he claims is the biggest conspiracy of all time – the fact that world governments are claiming the Earth is round.

Here are some of Dubay’s proofs that the Earth is flat…

The horizon always appears perfectly flat – except in NASA and other government pictures, which are obviously faked (as part of the global conspiracy).

Edited by Crazy Cat, 28 February 2017 - 06:39 PM.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,099 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:26 PM

The moon isn't real. It's a hologram. It's hollow and built by aliens, for two theories. There are other 'explanations' as well

https://storify.com/LaurenNace/the-moon-isn-t-real

And super spouter of the crazy. David Icke

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RMNGToGAEg

and

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWtaIAsX6k

Part two of the above video you'll have to find yourself. I think I've done enough damage..... :lmao:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#10 GCro

GCro

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Considering every branch & division of the U.S. federal government views lying to us as a primary responsibility, I don't see how anyone could fail to believe in at least a few conspiracy theories. Even the most outlandish sounding conspiracy theories should be listened to & considered before anyone ridicules the person voicing them. Anyone believing the government is not and has not been deceiving us on some major issues for a long time is a dangerously naive person.

#11 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,767 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

The biggest one of all is convincing people that the illusions some have seen that are seemingly impossible events are proof of UFO's. Just as we are centuries away from developing anything that would allow faster space travel, we are here in this solar system, by ourselves and have no proof that anyone(thing)(alien) other than humans and its ancestors  have resided here.  We are in a time and space of our own and will remain until we over populate the planet and become extinct.  We can go no where and have never observed ay phenomena or received any  messages from space that would indicate intelligence.  There is far more to understand about our own planet and the causes for many of the events that are attributed to "ALIEN" created or caused.  The mind is subject to many things, most of which we may never understand.  The oceans are our lifeblood and we know next to nothing about that 70% of the planets surface.

#12 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

In regards to UFOs, I think this is credible. A UFO flew parallel with the Apollo 11 command module.

Apollo 11: The Untold Story (2006) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0830501/

APOLLO 11: THE UNTOLD STORY aka FIRST ON THE MOON: THE UNTOLD STORY One-Hour Special for Discovery Science Channel / five When Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon in July 1969, Apollo 11 was hailed as the supreme triumph of American technology. But behind the flag waving lies a very different story: the untold account of how close the mission came to disaster. Now, nearly forty years later, men on that mission reveal what really happened on the first voyage to the moon. It's a tale of how primitive computer technology, coupled with human errors and mechanical failures, nearly caused the tragic loss of the crew.

Buzz Aldrin - Apollo 11 Astronaut
Dr David Baker - Senior Apollo 11 Scientist

This debunker at http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/firstonthemoon.html conveniently excluded Dr David Baker statement in the documentary.

#13 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,767 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

Again, there are so many things that we observe that we can not explain, basically because we don't really understand the world around us.  Besides the physical parts we can see, the atoms as we see them are not complete, many forces act upon them and many parts are hidden or so tiny we can't detect them.  Swamp gases and energized particles are part and parcel.  Charged particles are influenced by other objects that carry a charge and by others that don't.  Simply looking at some atoms changes them and alters their real appearance and characteristics.  One thing is for certain, change will dictate the future and mans ability to adapt to that change will determine our survival.

#14 Mklangelo

Mklangelo

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

mjd420nova, said: 

"Again, there are so many things that we observe that we can not explain, basically because we don't really understand the world around us.  Besides the physical parts we can see, the atoms as we see them are not complete, many forces act upon them and many parts are hidden or so tiny we can't detect them.  Swamp gases and energized particles are part and parcel.  Charged particles are influenced by other objects that carry a charge and by others that don't.  Simply looking at some atoms changes them and alters their real appearance and characteristics.  One thing is for certain, change will dictate the future and mans ability to adapt to that change will determine our survival."

I'll have what he's having.  lol

But seriously, folks.  All atoms are complete.  Energy cannot be destroyed it just changes form. It's called the Conservation of Energy. 

Swamp gas?  :hysterical:

-Artemus Ward

#15 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

8ba94b0fb44c6bc88015f9f151136279_emc2-eq

Mass–energy equivalence, E = mc2, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass%E2%80%93energy_equivalence#Conservation_of_mass_and_energy

Edited by Crazy Cat, 02 March 2017 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users