Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSODs when doing anything intensive, almost instant with Prime95

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pro1137

pro1137

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:17 PM

Hey all.

Just this past week as I was playing a game on my PC (Final Fantasy XIV), I experienced a BSOD. After this, I had let my PC idle for a few days and I received no additional BSODs. However, upon launching the game again, within 5 minutes I got another BSOD.

I decided to try running Prime95 to see if it would cause any additional BSODs, and it did. Not every time, but only if the software stopped the tests due to excessive warnings or errors before a crash. 

Within the results.txt file (which I've attached), the software shows that there were errors rounding numbers, and many, many instances of "ILLEGAL SUMOUT"

I ran FurMark a few days ago and found no issues doing so

Am I looking at a definite CPU failure, or could this still be something else?

Windows 10 x64. Was originally Windows 8, then 8.1, then factory reset it when I got 10.

AMD FX-8350

NVIDIA GTX970

ASUS m5a99fx Pro r2.0 mobo

Corsair HX850i PSU

Desktop

EDIT: Just got a BSOD while idling

Thanks

Attached Files

Edited by pro1137, 26 February 2017 - 10:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

Sorry for the late response... can you run the Sysnative Reporting Tool again? The log files have gotten stale.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users