Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 95 won't apply colour settings or resolution.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 digitalxak

digitalxak

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

EDIT: Windows 98

Picked up an old HP D530 and slapped in a Riva TNT2 Model 64 for my older games.

I have driver version 71.84 as suggested by a guy on reddit after trying numerous versions, but every bloody time I get "There is a problem with your display settings" etc etc after trying to change the colour depth and/or resolution.

I cannot for the life of me fix it or figure out why it's giving me this..

Safe mode boots fine, as does Normal mode, bunt 16bit colour is preventing from playing or even installing any games, what CAN I do?

It's been months I left it because so frustrated trying to fix the thing, I would rather not emulate as I like older hardware thanks.

Intel Celeron

Riva TNT2 Model 64

256MB RAM (was 512 but removed a stick in case that caused the issue)

Generic Compaq PSU.

Thanks!

Edited by digitalxak, 26 February 2017 - 04:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 singhguleria

singhguleria

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

As we have properly understood your issue we are going to provide you some steps..............................

Please follow these steps:

Open Start Windows logo Start button, select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > System > Display > Advanced display settings.

• Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."
  • Note: If your resolution was fine and recently changed (things appear huge, for example), your graphics driver might need to be updated. Run Windows Update to get the latest driver. If it's just the size of things in your web browser windows that changed, try pressing the Ctrl+0 (zero) keys to return the zoom level to 100%.

​Singh guleria

#3 digitalxak

digitalxak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

I don't have Internet on this PC, I've yet to sort that out. I have just download some chipset drivers from HP's site so hopefully that'll get it sorted. It's not my web browser windows.. I specifically SAID what the issue was..

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Do you have directx 9.0c installed?

#5 digitalxak

digitalxak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

Probably not, I just tried to install chipset drivers, it hung on R4D2? for 30 mins, so i rebooted. cannot get into normal mode I get a white blinking cursor, safe mode works and running disk scan now.

I

'll check dxdiag after, but I thought getting the chipset drivers would have helped.. but it has made it worse..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users