Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

power on problem in acer laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ujvl123

ujvl123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:18 AM

My Acer e5-511 laptop is not switching on ( power on) . and when I connected it with its charger then the charging light is not blinking.. And this problem occur suddenly automatically.

Edited by ujvl123, 26 February 2017 - 03:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

This sounds like your charger has failed.

If you have access to a digital multi-meter you can test to see if it is producing any ouput. Set the meter to read Volts, hold the OV probe to the outside conductor at the tip of the lead that goes into the computer, and contact the inner conductor with the +Volts probe. If it is working it should show a voltage approximately 18 - 20V if it is working.

If it has failed then the only cure is a replacement, these units are not repairable.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 musang78

musang78

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

I think your motherboard have problem, u should go to repair shop.. i have this kind of problem before. with acer notebook, and after checked by repair shop the said have to replace a new motherboard

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

It is always possible that there is a mobo problem, but let's try the simple and cheap things first. Even if you have to borrow a meter, that is considerably cheaper than taking your laptop into a repair shop just to check an output voltage. And if the test shows that the charger has failed a new charger is going to cost a lot less than a mobo.

If it turns out that the charger is working properly, then it is time to worry about a mobo. I am not sure that you can buy a new one except through e-bay where they are priced, the two I looked at, at $US 170 and £UK 100. If you have the skill to to do this replacement yourself this might be economical. A repair shop would probably charge between £UK 50 and 100 for labour, in which case you are probably at least as well considering a new laptop.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users