Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Visited a browlocker site, making sure I'm not infected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Spriteclad

Spriteclad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

Hey -- I'm probably in the clear, but I visited a browser locker site (fake virus site) on accident recently and I want to make sure it hasn't dropped anything on my system.

Things I've done so far:

• Quick scanned with Malwarebytes 3.0 Free (returned clean)
  • Quick scanned with Avast Free (returned clean)
  • I'm currently scanning my system with ESET online scanner but it hasn't finished scanning yet

The URL in question is 50059505995098448855(dot)pw, if you want to check the source.

It tries to throw up Chrome messages, hide your cursor and replace it with a GIF of a cursor, and show a fake BSOD. If I can get a reply soon that would be cool. Thanks!!

I am on Windows 10 Anniversary Update 64-bit with Chrome 56 (the latest version as of this posting).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users