Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 BSOD.. Blue Screen of Death???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NeonDave71

NeonDave71

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

Well I recently had to replace my HD in my laptop and install a new OS so I ran with Windows 10 Home.. I managed to get all of my apps and other programs downloaded and installed but had major trouble getting my internet security software to install (Kaspersky).  Anyway things were running wonderfully until about a week ago and it started with a crash BSOD, then my router configuration setup changed (Belkin) with media server software... supposed to put in 192.168.2.1 in your browser line and it automatically takes you to your router software and updates everything. Now I can't get onto the dashboard through that link.. something happened to the Default Gateway address.. And then came the BSOD on a massive attack it would shut down and restart and before I could log on it'd BSOD again.. Now My T.I.S. from Kaspersky will not load on startup and when you try to open it both standard and as administrator it gives and error message that it's already in use, but it's not you can't find it in the Task Manager running files and it doesn't have a tray icon showing, and now Windows defender will turn on and update but it will not run a full system scan it shuts down after about two minutes and gives an error message as well. I've downloaded the Malicious Software Removal tool from Microsoft and it will run a quick scan and find malware but it won't delete them, however it won't run a full scan either same thing happens like Windows Defender.. I'm @ my wits end with this thing actually, and not to mention it's so difficult for me physically as I'm disabled and had multiple spinal surgeries, one of which was on Jan 6th.  So my question is what's the Best of the Best when it comes to programs to detect and removal of malware and viruses and can run on Windows 10 and be in a Security Suite or Total Security setup. What's the brand you recommend.. Also I can't get my .NetFrameWork upgrade I get error messages there too.. I've been searching for over a week trying to fix this thing... Is there a program application that's an all-in-one windows 10 system fixer???

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

Hi- This is probably not going to be a one -step process  to diagnose so i thought i would ask you a few questions first

1.Did you Format the drive before installing Windows?

2.Did you update Windows before installing all of your other software?

Since you just installed your hard drive I don't really suspect a virus or malicious attack.You may have a defective drive.I can't say for sure,but it has happened to me.

You can run a virus scan from a USB stick using Escan you can download it here-https://www.escanav.com/en/mwav-tools/download-free-antivirus-toolkit.asp  Download the  toolkit onto a USB stick and run it while the computer is offline.

There are others here on BC that will put their two cents worth in as well. Worst case Scenario is that you will have to reinstall everything. Hopefully we can avoid that.

Kapersky is one of the best AV Suites,alond with Bitdefender, so you are good on your antivirus software.Keep us informed as to how it is going.

Also,I just had spine surgery myself,so I know what you are going through!

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:18 PM

Greetings,

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files in your next post.

Thanks.

Useful information!
Please only use the .ZIP compression format, do not use .7z, .rar, etc.!!!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users