Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need virus removal help.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zanarisfate

Zanarisfate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

I have started this same topic on another forum for some help. The guy who was helping me seems to have given up on it(posting on other topics and ignoring mine). here is a link if you want to read those posts first. http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/367043-need-virus-removal-help/   So the virus is an interesting one. The virus is part of multiple files are locked. I have tried to use tools to unlock and delete them but access has always been denied. The programs that I am able to see that are running can not be shut down or stopped from opening on start up. I have attempted to go in to safe mode and give myself rights over the files but ultimately have failed. The virus doesn't run in safe mode. It has blocked the use of malwarebytes. Programs such as windows defender and adwcleaner don't pick up the virus and I have used the site virus total and it doesn't work either. I currently have the programs that are visible from the virus suspended in process explorer. Here are my most recent FRST scans.   

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

Zanarisfate:

Thank you for the link to the Geekstogo topic.  You are already being assisted by an expert over there, and your last post was less than 48 hours ago.  This is a weekend, and we are all volunteers, here at Bleeping Computer and there at GeeksToGo.  Normally we endeavor to respond within 48 hours, but sometimes "real life" gets in the way.

I would recommend that you be patient and work with RKinner over at GeeksToGo.  If he doesn't respond in another day, then you should send him a private message and request an update.  It is totally confusing to have the same topic open in different Forum/websites.

If, after you have concluded your topic over there and if there are still issues with your computer, then you could open a new topic here, provide fresh FRST logs, and also, very importantly, a full description of any remaining issues with your computer.  To avoid any confusion, I am going to conclude this topic.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users