Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Cloning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 masterblaster201

masterblaster201

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

I need suggestions for DVD Cloning software. I have an Autistic son that goes through DVD's like crazy and it has cost me a small fortune buying the originals, I need to make copies of the originals so I can replace the ones he wears out. I'm sure some of them are encrypted or encoded, I am not making these to resale just or his personal use. Any information is welcomed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

AnyDVD HD, by Redfox, formerly known as Slysoft will remove the copy protection. You will also need Clone DVD allowing you to copy the video to your hard drive or burn to a

blank DVD. The software may be cost prohibitive. Also, while standard DVDs are cheap, dual layer isn't & generally are not available to purchase off the shelf from your local

electronics store. Newegg & Amazon is recommended. Good brands are TDK & Smartbuy from Amazon & both are Ritek manufactured.

Videos on the hard drive can be watched, without burning to disc, using the free Media Player Classic, or VLC. Perhaps your son would have no problem watching on the computer

monitor instead of a big screen TV. That would save you money from not having to purchase blank discs, but you will need hard drive space to store them, either internal or

external.

The majority of movies are typically larger than what a standard DVD SL [single layer] 4.7 GB disc can store unless you have no problem compressing it at the cost of video

quality. Most kids haven't a problem with lower video quality. Otherwise you will need DL [dual layer] discs that are 8.5 GB. All this applies only to standard DVD & not to Bluray

movies.

To burn a video, whether SL or DL, will require burning software. The free ImageBurn software will meet all your requirements.

Keep in mind that there are alternatives to all the above for creating a DVD that will play in your home DVD player.

There is a learning curve & considerable time involved. You will no doubt turn out a few coasters before getting the hang of it. 

https://www.redfox.bz/

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=Download

Final notes: The laws governing copying for personal use are somewhat ambiguous.

Fair Use believers argue that it should be completely legal to copy an owned DVD to back up the movie and to make it possible to watch on various devices.

However, others argue that the Digital Millennium Copyright Act has jurisdiction over fair use, which would make it illegal.

I suggest you Google a bit regarding those issues.

Last, most public libraries offer DVD rentals at no cost & at least in my area, I've found second hand stores & pawn shops offer DVDs quite inexpensively.

And definitely last, you may want to have a look at KODI for streaming. That's my Numero Uno for movies, TV shows etc.

https://kodi.tv/about/

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:02 AM

DVDSmith Movie Backup is a free program for copying DVD-Video movies to a folder on your hard drive. I've used it on occasion, and it works well. It supports some common types of copy protection. Ashampoo Burning Studio Free is a free disc burning suite, which supports creating DVD-Video discs from DVD-Video movie folders on your hard drive. As pointed out by saw101, retail movies typically use dual layer DVDs (which have a larger storage capacity), not the standard single layer ones.

#4 lissa156

lissa156

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

I'm afraid you have to pay for professional software to help you do this at last. Because freeware can only handle your DVDs with no or simple encryptions. I often use WinX DVD Copy Pro to clone DVD to DVD  before. But now I get another DVD ripping software, and prefer to rip DVD to the digital file for better storage and playback.

#5 Overkillian

Overkillian

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

Oh DVDFab HD Decrypter is a perfect tool for that job. It's freeware in terms of copying full DVDs (and breaking the copy protection). I used this throughout the summer to copy dozens of borrowed DVD's in DVD9 format. It worked like a charm as long as the discs weren't to scratched.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users