Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod Issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike.H

Mike.H

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

Hi all :-)

I'm currently suffering from BSOD's, two of them... :-(

This has only been going on for a few days, this is the most common one that pop's up most freqeuntly:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000006E, 0x00000002, 000000000, 0x863B51FF)

Has anyone any ideas of what I can do?

Many thanks, assistance would be much appriciated, I'm pretty much lost, so anything is a start.

You may need this info:

Windows XP Home Edition,
Intel Pentium 4,
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (256mb),
1GB Ram.

-Mike,

Edited by Mike.H, 02 September 2006 - 01:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cilypudi

cilypudi

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:00 PM

http://www.pcformat.co.uk/tips/default.asp...ubsectionid=488

I found at the link above that describes your IRQL error problem exactly. You might start there.

CilyPudi just surfing around and eating seedless red grapes........................
The Muses manifest between the Mouse and the Chair.

#3 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

What other error message are you getting besides the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ***STOP: 0x000000D1?

I would start by testing your memory? Here's a link to a well known memory tester - http://www.memtest86.com/

Did you change anything on your computer that would cause this? ...Driver update or hardware change?

Let us know how you made out with the test.
JC

#4 Mike.H

Mike.H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

Thank you very much for your replys!

@cilypudi, I read through it, my computer is still under garuntee, so if like what happend in that case, I can freely go in and get it repaired, though I'd prefere to do it myself, its important I have a pc to perform basic tasks for work.

Hopefully it is somthing osftware related in my case, thanks for the info. :-)

@Joshuacat,

I will go on and test the memory and let you know how it went, what actually happends is your run of the mill BSoD:

"Windows deteced an error and is shutting down to prevent damage to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this.........

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000006E, 0x00000002, 000000000, 0x863B51FF)

Beginning dump of physical memory: 1"

The "memory dump" keeps counting upwards, thats how I had the chance to write it all down.

I haven't changed much, I was googling and I found someone with similer issues, it was in there case aparently linked to kerio personal firewall, since I am a KPF user, I have decided to use Zone alarm free until theres a new update availible that may fix this "bug" if it is actually kpf for me too.

No new hardware installed, no new driver updates at all, I have never updated any of my drivers since I have bought this PC a month or two ago.

Thanks for the suggestions as I am stuck on this one, much appriciated:-)

I'll test the memory and see what happends, I'm hoping it isn't anything hardware wise, or I'll be pretty much useless at work for a few days :-p

Thanks once more for your time!

-Mike.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:45 AM

The BSOD is a hardware error message. This includes driver issues as well as the hardware itself.

The STOP 0xD1 error says that the driver has had problems with it's IRQ assignment. This can be caused by many different problems. My technique is to try the software fixes first (because they cost less than replacing hardware) - although the memory tester that JoshuaCat recommended is a good tool and should be used.

Since the error message doesn't refer to a particular file that caused the problem - the troubleshooting should probably start with a bit more research.

Here's a link on how to use your Event Viewer to find more information on the BSOD messages: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Also, please search your system for .dmp or .mdmp files (that's the memory dump that you saw). If you find any, use this link to run an analysis of it - and then copy/paste the results into your next post.
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

BTW - when it says to use the !analyze -v switch - that goes in the blank space on the bottom of the Debugger's window.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Mike.H

Mike.H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:44 PM

Hi everyone :-)

I ran memtest86, the results came back squeaky clean, I looked into the matter with google, found that someone else had the same issue, in there case it was caused by Kerio Persoanl Firewall, I uninstalled my Kerio P/F (its been a few hours since) and haven't yet seen a BSoD, though its only been a short wile, I can't say yet.

I try some of your suggestions usasma, thank you very much everyone for all the great support :-)

Yours truly,

-Mike

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

One other thing to look at in the meantime is to open your device manager
(control panel/system/hardware/device manager)

Look through all the categories to see if you have a yellow or red warning icon showing. If you do, update the particular driver and see if your problem is cured.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users