Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't receive wifi on my new PC

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 CubeZapper

CubeZapper

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:31 AM

I just recently got my new PC and it had no trouble at first. Here are the specs:
Case: Mastercase 5
CPU: i5-6402P
GPU: Armor GTX 1080
Wifi card: Wireless N 300 PCI Express Desktop Adapter
Power supply: Corsair VS650 650 WATT
Motherboard: Asus H110M-D

And it's running Windows 10 and my network card driver in device manager is updated.

It can connect to the wifi, but there is a yellow exclamation point int system tray and its says "No Internet, secured" when every other device can connect to the internet, just this PC can't all the others use wireless as well and I can get pings of around <30 on this PC, but for some reason it just suddenly stopped.

Tried these solutions already:
Reinstall Drivers with Device manager
Netsh int ip reset in CMD promt
Use older driver versions with device manager
Sfc /scannow didnt work with cmd prompt

Please help in anyway possible, if I can get this to work I will help around the Bleeping Computer forum. Thanks...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:03 AM

If you have any WIFI profiles delete them and then see if Windows 10 detects your WIFI. Make sure Airplane mode is off and WIFI is on. 

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/forget-wireless-network-profiles-windows-10

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 CubeZapper

CubeZapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:12 AM

If you have any WIFI profiles delete them and then see if Windows 10 detects your WIFI. Make sure Airplane mode is off and WIFI is on. 

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/forget-wireless-network-profiles-windows-10

Didn't work :(

#4 CubeZapper

CubeZapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:32 AM

I tried these commands in admin command prompt but still doesnt work:

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh int tcp show global

What do these do anyway?

Edited by CubeZapper, 25 February 2017 - 04:33 AM.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:35 AM

those commands reset the various aspects of the wifi card

Are you able to connect it via ethernet cable ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:37 AM

Also try ....in device manager....right click on anything associated with wifi drivers etc etc....and select Delete.

Then reboot.

Win 10 will find the drivers it needs, and will also reconnect anything else you delete

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:38 AM

Did the problem with wifi occur after updating any of the drivers....?

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 CubeZapper

CubeZapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:47 AM

those commands reset the various aspects of the wifi card

Are you able to connect it via ethernet cable ?

I cant use an ethernet cable as my room is on the second floor. I will try reinstalling drivers

#9 CubeZapper

CubeZapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:53 AM

Did the problem with wifi occur after updating any of the drivers....?

I didnt fix it sadly :( still persists

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

Try the following steps in order

If you are using a third party firewall  then try disabling it. 

Reset Winsock if you have not done this yet. Do this at an elevated command prompt. Press the Windows key + X > cmd as admin

netsh winsock reset

Reboot

On another computer with an internet connection download Windows Repair. Only check the box next to Network Repair. Reboot.

#11 CubeZapper

CubeZapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:46 PM

Edit: Nevermind its back again

Edited by CubeZapper, 25 February 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#12 CubeZapper

CubeZapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:00 AM

Could somone help me perform a clean reset for my Windows 10 PC, I have tried the reset inbuilt option from settings but it doesnt work. Could somone show me how to perform a clean reset? I have disk which was used to install Windows 10. Thanks

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

I would download the latest version using the Media Creation Tool

If you have backed up all your personal data and also your browser bookmarks boot the install media created from the above link. At the screen where you see language press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt. Type the following commands.

diskpart

list disk

select disk X   Where X is the disk you will be installing Windows to. This is usually disk 0,

clean               This will delete all existing partitions and set the drive for a clean install

convert gpt      This will initialize the disk as GPT in order to boot from a UEFI motherboard

exit                  exits diskparet

exit                  exits command prompt

continue with the install.

#14 CubeZapper

CubeZapper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

I would download the latest version using the Media Creation Tool

If you have backed up all your personal data and also your browser bookmarks boot the install media created from the above link. At the screen where you see language press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt. Type the following commands.

diskpart
list disk
select disk X   Where X is the disk you will be installing Windows to. This is usually disk 0,
clean               This will delete all existing partitions and set the drive for a clean install
convert gpt      This will initialize the disk as GPT in order to boot from a UEFI motherboard
exit                  exits diskparet
exit                  exits command prompt

continue with the install.

Sorry Im not so tech savvy, but what does this do?

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

This removes the existing data on your drive and sets the hard drive up for a clean install of Windows 10. You wanted to do a reset of Windows 10. This also requires you to backup your data first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users