Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where My Internet Name Came From

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Madbiker1960

Madbiker1960

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

Hello; 

I worked as a bicycle courier for 11 years 1998 - 2009.

Doing that job 365 days a year (holidays and weekends off of course) was an exhilarating experience. No matter the weather hot and sunny or cold and blizzard conditions I was out in it all.  I developed a sixth sense about riding in all kinds of traffic on the roads.

There were numerous times I got the door prize [definition-some driver opens the driver's door just as you approach and you run into it] and when it happened 90% of the time there was no apology coming just a curt too bad. 

As the years wore on I was given a nickname by my fellow couriers which was "Madbiker" and the name stuck.

I constantly used my PC and found that using my real name was not a good idea, the solution came to me to use my new nickname with my own "add" to it MADBIKER1960.

Now it is all I use to identify myself whenever I use the internet.

I took it one level higher when I built my PC in 2011, as an administrator of it I used the name to register it with Microsoft.  For a year and a half I kept getting emails from Microsoft to update my profile for their records.  I ignored them all and went about my merry old way until Windows 10 came out.

With the new Operating System it took my email information and filled it in for me without letting me know until I started it up.

After it had gone through the pre-load I was greeted with the log-in screen and it was then I realized my identity was now known by Microsoft which really upset me. Since that day Microsoft has found all of my username email addresses that I have used since getting my first PC in 1998 and now they are now sending me emails to either use the emails associated with me or delete my profiles so that I have only one account.

Needless to say I have not deleted them, and I never will because they come in handy when I join a website that may seem not all it is saying it is.

So that is how I got the name.

I really am a nice guy who goes out of my way to help somebody who asks for it.

Thanks for reading and look forward to interacting with as many people as I can on Bleeping Computer Forums.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Welcome to BC !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Madbiker1960

Madbiker1960
  • Topic Starter