Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ewfwef1

ewfwef1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

Hi!

I have an old Windows 7 that I'm trying to set up again. The problem is that it does not let me connect to my wireless network. Is there any secret on how to do this, even though it requires a cable?

Thank you in advance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

Make and model ?

Does this computer have a wifi card installed or are you trying to connect using a USB wifi dongle ?  If it has neither then you will have to use an ethernet cable to connect to your router/modem but that should allow you to connect to your network.

If you are using cable, then all you need to do is to plug the cable into the computerr and the other end into the router/modem and you should be online. If you are not you need to check the LAN drivers in 'Device manager' and, if necessary, install the appropriate drivers which you should be able to get either from the makers of the computer or from the makers of the mobo.

If you are using wifi, again check 'Device manager' for the necessary WLAN drivers and install if necessary. Then click on the wifi symbol at the right hand end of the taskbar and select your router, tick the box 'Connect automatically' and click 'Connect'. If the network is secured - and if it isn't it should be - you will then be asked for the access code. Type it into the box for it then press 'Enter' and you should be good to go.

Any further problems, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users