Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help ! Im Having A Problem With My Computer After I Used The Air Compressor To Clean The Inside Of The Computer.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Texas-tec

Texas-tec

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

IM having a problem with my computer making a beeping sound. I cleaned the Inside of the computer using a air compressor to get rid of all the dust that was Inside and that is when the problem occured. The beep sound only occurs when I start using the mouse or when I have used the mouse for awhile, I also get a pause with the beep sound, It's not a constant beep sound, just one beep and a 1 second pause. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

Did you buy a can of compressed air from an electronics store or computer store or did you use an air compressor from your garage or workshed...

If you used the second one that is a big no no since there can be water vapor in the air that can cause your motherboard to shortcircuit.

Do diagnose the been I will need the model number of your motherboard.

#3 Texas-tec

Texas-tec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

How can I run a diagnostic Test ?? I dont know what Model is the Motherboard or how to get this Info, I have a sony VAIO PCV-RX850. I did use the air compressor from the Shed, maybe your right :thumbsup:

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,203 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

here is a good program to use to get computer info: http://www.gtopala.com/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Texas-tec

Texas-tec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:19 AM

Ok here's the Info on the Motherboard

Manufacturer : Asustek Computer Inc
Model : P4S533VX
Chip Set vendor : Silicon Intergrated System (SIS)
chipset Model : SiS651 CPU to PCI Bridge

by the way it's getting alot worse now it's completely Freezing :thumbsup:

#6 Texas-tec

Texas-tec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

I also have to note, my whole computer is working fine as far as programs it's just the mouse . :thumbsup:

#7 Texas-tec

Texas-tec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:04 AM

bACK uP !!

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:19 AM

This is most likely a physical problem (hardware) since we presume it was the result of the air pressure. So, check all the connections and check to see if anything inside the case looks wrong/disconnected.

Also, depending on how this was done, it could also be a static discharge problem (static electricity hosing your hardware).

The first step is to try the mouse on another port (if it's USB) - or get a PS/2 to USB converter so you can try it in a USB port. Then, the next step is to try another mouse that you know is good on another system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users