Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Product Activation Key Default

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:36 AM

This computer is more problems than it is worth. Sorry...had to vent. Try and make this short. Installed Windows 7 Installation disk to upgrade from Vista and while checking out the basic Info noticed that there was only 25 days left to activate with the product key. Looked at pocket that disk came in to get the key, but the key was hidden under MS tag. In the process of scratching off to read key erased part of code. Contacted MS (had to proved Disk was legit) they then supplied a new key which they said if I have any problems to contact them for help. I work long hours during the day so do not have much time so I thought I would pass it be here and see if I could get some assistance that might be quicker.

I tried to activate and I get appears to be a Default Product Key. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thank you! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

Contact Microsoft, as suggested by them.

There is no affiliation between this website and Microsoft and activation issues are the province of MS.

Louis

#3 Torchwood

Torchwood

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

If MS has given you a new key

Control panel >> system >> Change product key.(click on it)  ... enter it in the box's.

Roy

Edited by Torchwood, 24 February 2017 - 12:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users