Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 problem? or not?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

My PC started doing some crazy things today.  QuickTime started acting up along with iTunes.  I did some research and did what people suggested.  I deleted iTunes and Quicktime.  After it was all said and done when I start any office product now it gets the white configuration box and then goes into the windows installer every time I open up word, outlook, excel etc.  It does it for every opening like it was freshly installed.  I never touched anything in Office so I don't know what happened. 

When I try to install QuickTime it says it installs but when I go to open it, it says Please install apple application support and won't start.

When I try to install iTunes I can install iTunes only and it won't allow me to install Apple Software Update because when I try to open it, it says Fatal error during installation.  Also the apple application support64 won't install properly along with Bonjour64.  It says Could not open key:  UNKNOWN/Component/ and a bunch of letters and numbers.  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.  I have tried numerous things but nothing seems to help.  Does anyone have any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

First of all, Quicktime is no longer supported by Apple on windows computers so you should not use it. Even the US Dept of Homeland Security says uninstall it !  See -

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA16-105A

As for your other problems I would try a 'Restore' to a point before this trouble with MS Office etc. started. If you have never done this before press the Win key and X then choose 'Control panel' from the menu that pops up. Then click on 'Recovery'. If you can't see 'Recovery' then go to the top right corner of the screen  and choose 'View by : Small icons'. This gives a much more specific view than the default.

In the 'Recovery' screen click on the button 'Open system restore' and this will start the wizard running. There will be a panel listing available restore points, choose one from just before the date these problems started. Sometimes the panel will only list the latest one, in which case click on the button, below left, 'See more restore points'. Once you have picked one click 'Next' and accept the warning prompts then let your computer do the restore. It may take a few minutes. Do NOT interrupt it before it has finished. It may do an automatic re-boot when it finishes, if it doesn't, re-boot anyway and then see if your problem is fixed.

Post back, especially if your problems are not fixed !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users