Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

more win10 grief

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 flutered

flutered

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

hi folks, i have a levono think center, 4g memory and 1tb , win10 os, it used to start in 30 seconds, the pc started to get slow to start up, then slower to enter hotmail, now iteven slower to start uo, and takes 5-6 minutes to enter live.com, i have used almost every anti virus and anti malware under the sun, with no luck, i attempted to get wi10 upgrade but it never connected to microsoft, even after letting it run for five hours, when i get it to run it it is fast for web browsing, and a couple of debating sites which is all i ever use it for, thanks for your help in advance, btw,  am using an old laptop now on win 10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

Windows 10 allows a reset with the option to keep your files. You would need to reinstall all programs and apps added. Was Windows 10 an upgrade from a previous OS?

If you can backup your personal data it may be best to do a clean install if this was an upgrade from a previous OS. Use the Media Creation Tool for the latest Windows 10 build.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

This is the guide for a clean install of Windows 8 which can be used for Windows 10

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clean-install-windows-8-or-8-1-2626254

Because Windows 10 is already activated simply click next when is asks for a key.

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 February 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#3 flutered

flutered
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

thanks i will try it now, i forgot to ad that the power button and the windows search button do not work

#4 flutered

flutered
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

i tried your link to win10, it failed to work, error message 0x80080005-0x90016

#5 flutered

flutered
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

i am trying win10 upgrade, it goes to upgrade assistant, it then started the device compatability at 7:32 it is still running and finding nothing

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

Was this an upgrade from a previous OS? Try a reset with the option to keep your files. 

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-ways-reset-windows-10-reinstall-scratch/

What browser are you using to download the Media Creation Tool? I had no problem with the link.

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,621 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

The link to the Windows 10 Download Page that John_C21 gave is correct and just worked fine for me as well.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#8 flutered

flutered
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:39 AM

i downloaded it again last night via here, it downloaded perfect, after having to jump trhough some hoops it repaired its self, so i am a happy bunny, thanks to all who helped 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users