Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

howcome none concerned?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmare-Rex

Nightmare-Rex

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

howcome is none concerned that one day all of us will be FORCED into windows 10 spyware spy rotton to the core OS, when they stop supporting windows 7 and 8? why dose none seem concerned "oh dont worry its 4 years from now" none seems to be writeing maby a linux that can run .exe natively? it seems there is no intuitive to stop us being trapped once again by the evil elite, like always?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dragongirl

Dragongirl

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:20 AM

IO think by the time we're forced to use the new OS all the kinks will be worked out completely, the books about it all updated. Right now theres no real way to learn windows ten and not get fed up with it. the flat look for me atl east, HAS to go, if they make it like they made Windows 7, then hey I'm all for it. Windows 7 I wanted when it was first launched, wimnsdows eight killed what made windows 7 WINDOWS; all the end candy, 3d buttons, fade effect, etc. 10 tried to bring back some stuff from seven. but what is missing is what made Seven WINDOWS, in 10 thereis the start menu suyre, but there's nothing else that makes it feel like WINDOWS to me, all the eyecandy is shot to heck in windows 8 If someone makes a program I'd have to download to make my windows 10 look like and act like windows 7, eyecandy and all; then fine I'll move to windows 10 when my windows 7 Laptop explodes like a nuclear warhead on doomsday

I used XP Pro 5 years AFTER legacy supported ended before getting Windows 7 Pro. and before that I used Windows 2000 Server Pro for 12 years before getting XP Pro. So I dont see any problems with using 7 or {dare I say it} 8 when their updates are ended

But that's just me

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

Because on this planet we have choices, have you not heard of Linux?

https://www.linux.com/what-is-linux

Also, I don't believe all of those silly spyware stories about Microsoft. In my opinion Apple and Google are worse.

But that's just me.

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 24 February 2017 - 09:41 AM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:48 AM

howcome is none concerned that one day all of us will be FORCED into windows 10 spyware spy rotton to the core OS, when they stop supporting windows 7 and 8? why dose none seem concerned "oh dont worry its 4 years from now" none seems to be writeing maby a linux that can run .exe natively? it seems there is no intuitive to stop us being trapped once again by the evil elite, like always?

To answer your question more directly, some people are concerned, these people generally fall into the conspiracy theorists group. Our whole world is build on technology that can do this, even your television.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/your-tv-is-probably-tracking-you-heres-how-to-stop-it/

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

Also, I don't believe all of those silly spyware stories about Microsoft. In my opinion Apple and Google are worse.

But that's just me.

Need to give this a +1, a thumbs up and a 'hell-yeah'   :guitar:

I went 100% Linux (Mint) about half a year ago (thanks in large part to the Linux Forums here) and am loving it.

And, I concur:  Apple, Google have been acting pretty poorly in the past several years.

Choices...praise be, choices.

Winterland

Edited by Winterland, 24 February 2017 - 02:48 PM.

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#6 Nightmare-Rex

Nightmare-Rex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

IO think by the time we're forced to use the new OS all the kinks will be worked out completely, the books about it all updated. Right now theres no real way to learn windows ten and not get fed up with it. the flat look for me atl east, HAS to go, if they make it like they made Windows 7, then hey I'm all for it. Windows 7 I wanted when it was first launched, wimnsdows eight killed what made windows 7 WINDOWS; all the end candy, 3d buttons, fade effect, etc. 10 tried to bring back some stuff from seven. but what is missing is what made Seven WINDOWS, in 10 thereis the start menu suyre, but there's nothing else that makes it feel like WINDOWS to me, all the eyecandy is shot to heck in windows 8 If someone makes a program I'd have to download to make my windows 10 look like and act like windows 7, eyecandy and all; then fine I'll move to windows 10 when my windows 7 Laptop explodes like a nuclear warhead on doomsday

I used XP Pro 5 years AFTER legacy supported ended before getting Windows 7 Pro. and before that I used Windows 2000 Server Pro for 12 years before getting XP Pro. So I dont see any problems with using 7 or {dare I say it} 8 when their updates are ended

But that's just me

the kinks will NEVER BE WORKED OUT! it is there to SPI on US take away our COMPUTER and GIVE it to M$ i want to keep MY COMPUTURE after 2020, not LOOSE IT! look at WHY i do NOT want windows 10 before posting please.

But that's just me.

Need to give this a +1, a thumbs up and a 'hell-yeah'   :guitar:

I went 100% Linux (Mint) about half a year ago (thanks in large part to the Linux Forums here) and am loving it.

And, I concur:  Apple, Google have been acting pretty poorly in the past several years.

Choices...praise be, choices.

Winterland

linux is good, till you need to run a .exe file that is not supported by whine.

#7 Nightmare-Rex

Nightmare-Rex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

To answer your question more directly, some people are concerned, these people generally fall into the conspiracy theorists group. Our whole world is build on technology that can do this, even your television.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/your-tv-is-probably-tracking-you-heres-how-to-stop-it/

"conspiracy therist" are turning out to be RIGHT! the shadow government EXIST 100% real look at FBfreakingI documents! we are truth seekers.

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

sigh.

#9 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

sigh.

I do my share of b*tching & complaining here from time to time (ask Animal) but I try to always tip my cap to you Advisors, Moderators & Admins.

And I do so again in this moment.

Thank you for being out there & thank you for putting up with all of us & all of this.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#10 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

sigh.

Amen.  Wasting one's energy on doing anything besides rolling one's eyes and sighing is, well, wasting one's energy.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users