Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios wont load problem, black screen only HP g7 1002sa

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Goatherd2

Goatherd2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

Hi Guys I am hoping someone can help….. I have an HP G7-1002sa Laptop.

All I have is a blank screen on trying to boot up every time, nothing else except the fan starts. I have piggy backed the hard drive onto my  other laptop and the hard drive seems to appear and then disappear without being able to read it so I would assume the hdd is knackered, also it clicks continually.

Okay, so I have tried getting into bios which I managed once or twice and I did manage to change the boot up sequence to usb. But now impossible to get to bios. One time the caps lock and num lock were flashing twice, I guess corrupted bios, but now they don't flash, don't know why.
The RTC battery is good, so has power to bios

I formatted a usb stick with Rufus and downloaded bios sp57396.exe from hp. (Their instructions for repairing the bios are absolute rubbish and impossible)
Okay, so I have extracted 0165CF52.bin, 0165EF52.bin and 03564F52 from the exe file, put on USB key and tried each one at a time to try and flash my bios holding the Win and B keys whilst plugging in power…… NOTHING…:-( on any of them.

Am I doing something wrong? I have tried with the HDD in and out but I assumed that as the bios is on the motherboard it would make no difference anyway. 

CAN ANYONE HELP?? PLEASE!!
Thanks in advance

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users