to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
My name is Oh My!
and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.
- First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
- Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.
- When you post your reply, use the button instead.
- In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
- If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
- When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.
- I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.
Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.
A fresh operating system is always beneficial. Once that is completed you can follow the below to scan your external drives.
===================================================Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Including External Drive Option
- If Malwarebytes is already installed launch the program, update the database if necessary, attached any external drives you want to scan, and go directly to the Scan instructions below
- If Malwarebytes is not installed download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop
- Right click the desktop icon and select Run as administrator
- Click OK for English, then click Next
- Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
- Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
- If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
- Hold down the Sift key then attach any external drives you want to scan
- Click the Scan button near the top
- Select Custom Scan then click Configure Scan
- Place a check mark in Scan for rootkits, Scan Startup and Registry Settings, the C: drive, and any additional drives you would like to scan
- Click Scan now
- Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch stop and let me know
- When completed review the Scan Results list and uncheck any items you want to keep (if there are identified items)
- Click Quarantine threats
- If requested restart your computer
- Relaunch Malwarebytes
- Click the Reports tab
- Place a check mark in the most recent Scan Report then click View Report
- Click Export, then select Text File (/txt)
- Save the file on your Desktop as MBAM.txt
- Copy and paste the contents of the report in your reply
===================================================ESET Online Scanner Including External Drive Option
--------------------I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan This process may take several hours, that is normal
- Download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and save it to your Desktop
- Double click the icon
- Click the Start button
- Accept any security warnings from your browser
- Click Advanced settings
- Check the following items
Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications
Remove found threats
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Change next to Current scan targets:
- Place a check mark in any additional drive you wish to scan then click OK
- Click Start
- ESET will then download updates and begin scanning your computer
- If no threats are found simply click Uninstall application on close and hit Finish
- If threats are found click List of found threats
- Click Export to text file
- Save the file on your Desktop as ESET.txt
- Click Back
- Check Uninstall application on close and Delete quarantined files
- Click Finish
- Close the ESET Online Scanner window
- Copy and paste the contents of ESET.txt in your reply
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste
any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it.