Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

-= How to use integrated GPU on Z77 UD3h =-

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thriftyarek888

thriftyarek888

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

Hi,

I know this board uses HD integrated chipset and I have Nvidia 970. I would like to link those two to add more GPU power. Is that possible? (am on win7 8gb ram) thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

I am not sure what you want to do, but it sounds like you are asking if you can set up a Crossfire type configuration using your integrated video on the mainboard with a separate video card. IF that is your inquiry, the answer in short is no. I can launch into a detailed explanation of why this won't work, but the end result will still be, "no".

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 thriftyarek888

thriftyarek888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:12 PM

I am not sure what you want to do, but it sounds like you are asking if you can set up a Crossfire type configuration using your integrated video on the mainboard with a separate video card. IF that is your inquiry, the answer in short is no. I can launch into a detailed explanation of why this won't work, but the end result will still be, "no".

Hi,

I seem to be eluded by advertising campaigns that it was possible to link onboard GPU with dedicated GPU. Is that another lie? Has no one done it?

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,163 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:00 AM

AFAIK it's only on very specific hardware combinations designed to work together. For example, an AMD A10-7870K APU can work with an R7-250 graphics card in dual graphics mode. 

For info only - none of this is relevant to an Intel CPU - http://www.cpu-world.com/info/AMD/Recommended_graphics_cards_for_AMD_dual-graphics.html

FYI any of those AMD dual graphics combinations would be easily outperformed by a single GTX 970.

As an aside some laptops are configured to use the integrated Intel HD graphics most of the time, and only switch to the dedicated GPU when need requires (e.g. running a 3D game).  This is done to save power  and increase battery life.  I'm not aware of this being possible on a desktop PC.

Edited by jonuk76, 25 February 2017 - 03:05 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:35 PM

http://www.pcgamer.com/directx-12-will-be-able-to-use-your-integrated-gpu-to-improve-performance/
If you had windows 10, you might be able too. The way this works is that the GPU renders most of each frame but the integrated graphics helps a little. The difference wouldn't be a ton but it would help.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users