Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access denied

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gunny3053

Gunny3053

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hi Gang

In the last week I have discovered there are 3 sites that I no longer can get into, USPS, Ebay, and Staples...  When I click on the Icon I get this access denied notice..  I have had these sites for years and this is brand new to me..  To my knowledge I have not added or deleted anything that would cause this.. I have 2 computers and my wife has one and all 3 have the same problem.. All 3 are using a  wired connection to a Netgear router.. I have spent some time going into my router and everything seems normal there, I was looking for sometyhing that is common to all 3 computers..  My DSL provider is Comcast... I have run a couple of virus programs and all they seem to be catching are PUPS...  Nothing serious... I Googled this problem and there are a ton of people spread across the USA with this problem... Some seem to think it is Ebays problem but Ebay says no way their site is not hacked or anything... I can get to these sites using "armyproxy" but as soon as I try with out it I get the access denied...

I have tried using a couple of diff  places like IE and Chrome thinking a diif browser would maybe change something... I don't know whether to zero in on the router or what...  One computer is a Win 8.1 and the other 2 are running Win 10..  Outside of this problem they seem to running like normal...

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanx....Gunny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ItsAllGeekToMe

ItsAllGeekToMe

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:37 AM

I have seen a lot of posts on this in forums.  A lot of them suggest using a different antivirus/antimalware software as some find issues that others don't.  It seems as if the public IP changes, it temporarily fixes the situation.  Usually, for only 24 hours or so.  One person posted that it mysteriously started working again.  I did come across this one link though that might be helpful.  It's on Netgear's site and might be worth looking into.  Hope it helps.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Wireless-N-Routers/Is-it-Charter-or-is-it-Netgear/m-p/1184439#M22099

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users