Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DPC Watchdog Violation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 burlm47

burlm47

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

I have Windows 10 Home edition installed on my computer- I upgraded from Windows 7 Home edition in the summer of 2016 when it was "Free" I do not have a boot disk as W10 came straight from the source Microsoft- the last few months I have encountered a DPC Watchdog Violation error- the message states

"your computer has run into a problem and we are looking into the issue and will restart your computer in a short time"

My computer is only two years old -

Windows 10 Home edition

version 1607

OS Build 14393.693

Processor AMD Athllon Dual Core Processor 5400B

2.80GHz

Installed Ram 4.00GB ( 3.44 GB usable)

System 32bit operating system x64bit processor

I have watched many videos on Youtube and tried just about everything and nothing seems to work- I get maybe 1-or 2 a day- is there anything that can be done- thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Louis

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

Please...be patient.  All members are volunteers and there is no predictability pattern for when we will be online...but someone will attempt to assist you.

If you followed the directions for posting in that forum...patience is the key.

Louis

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

If you still need help with, PLEASE follow the BSOD posting instructions, as Louis said. It's quite impossible to do anything productive without them.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users