Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having problems with new computer playing flash games

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 STEMO

STEMO

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:22 PM

Last week I bought my son a new computer, this one:
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/desktop-pcs/desktop-pcs/hp-pavilion-550-103na-desktop-pc-white-10146658-pdt.html
Everything seems ok, apart from when he's trying to play games that use flash player (like, say the worlds hardest game 3/4). As he gets further on, there is either a lag when pressing a key or the block keeps moving when he lifts off the key. Tried with the wifi keyboard that came with the computer and his old USB one, both the same. Checked for latest version of flash....ok. When he types on a word doc the keyboard is really fast. I'm stumped and he's peed off.
Any advice please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

Have you tried playing that game with a different browser?

Have you tried playing that game with a different computer?

Try those first, then report back.

#3 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:08 AM

Hi STEMO, flash, typically only works with a few browsers. What game is is and what browser is your son using? By the way nice PC you got him :)

#4 STEMO

STEMO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:50 AM

Thanks for the replies. I think the first thing to do will be to try a different browser, apparently Microsoft edge is not the best for browser based games. I'll get him to try tonight when he comes home and let you know if it helps.

#5 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:04 AM

Edge is fairly new so people who develop Flash games have not tested as thoroughly as Chrome or Firefox. I recommend Chrome for Flash gaming.

#6 STEMO

STEMO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:05 PM

He downloaded chrome and it ran fine. Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it.

#7 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

You're welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users