Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer suddenly reboots, no bsod, lots critical errors and log files too big?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 gridmonkey

gridmonkey

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

Hi,

So i posted here earlier about hangs and i upgraded my cpu cooler and things were fine for a while. Now it seems like a different problem. Sometimes when im on, or other times im not my computer will just reboot and carry on like nothing happened. I don't think its a heat problem, as my temps before one of those reboots look like this:

Time                             MB       CPU    Powerdraw

2/22/2017 5:11:41 AM,31.0°C,22.6°C,249
2/22/2017 5:11:48 AM,31.0°C,23.6°C,306
2/22/2017 5:11:53 AM,31.0°C,24.6°C,249
2/22/2017 5:11:58 AM,31.0°C,22.4°C,243
2/22/2017 5:12:03 AM,31.0°C,22.6°C,236

^ last one entered in this file before a reboot, other files look about the same at time of reboot, though one happened mid game where the cpu temp was 50C

Info is from corsair link log files

Please help, this is infuriating because i have no idea when it will happen or what is causing it. Thanks

Attached is my Admin event log.

Speccy link

Windows 10 PRO 64 installed by me from USB key retail

All hardware is new less than 4 months old

OS was reinstalled early Jan? because i was having issues with an m.2 drive as the os drive that is no longer in the system. So it was a full clean install on new Samsung 850 pro SSD but the other hardware is a few months older.

· CPU   FX 9590
· Video Card Dual Rx-480 8gb
· MotherBoard ASrock 970 Performance ATX AM3+
· Power Supply Corsair HX1000i 1000W

Attached Files

Edited by gridmonkey, 22 February 2017 - 04:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gridmonkey

gridmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

I just had another reboot, out of nowhere, so i checked the event logs, it also seems like they are losing time somehow. It rebooted at 4:35 but the log shows an appmodel-runtime error at 11:21 for something and the next log is 

Error at 4:35:18 "the previous shutdown at 4:00:49pm was unexpected.

The computer was on at 4pm i was at it watchign a youtube video, it crashed at 4:35

Included is just the most recent admin info starting at that 11:21 error

Attached Files

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,955 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

Greetings,

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files in your next post. The information inside these files are useful, even when you don't have BSODs. :wink:

Thanks.

Useful information!
Please only use the .ZIP compression format, do not use .7z, .rar, etc.!!!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 gridmonkey

gridmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:04 AM

Here are those zip files, i tested the ram, one stick at a time a while back. they all passed, not that i think it matters but they are a serial set 1,2,3,4 off the line one after another. I have also run a few different hdd/sdd testing software when all drives were attached and when just the OS SSD was attached and they all passed, and occasional hangs in every(i think,many for sure) possible combinations of complete(cpu/ram/gpu/OS)hardware that are in this machine.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I ran the driver verifier at some point in one of the default setups, not as shown in the post you pointed me at, but disabled it before getting another hang/crash or info from it. Ill set that back up tonight before i go to bed as recommended and get that info from the next hang/crash.

Thanks

Attached Files

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,955 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for the report. Please do this:

• Press and hold the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
• Type in %WinDir%\LiveKernelReports and hit Enter on your keyboard.
• If prompted to take permissions of that folder, please do so.
• Copy/paste the entire contents of that folder to your Desktop.
• Zip up (use .ZIP!!!) those files and attach them in your next reply.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 gridmonkey

gridmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Here is the live kernal report, i don't think i have crashed since i enabled the verifier so i'm not sure if there are any reports there.

Thanks again for looking over all this stuff.

Grid

Attached Files

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,955 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

So sorry... I forgot to reply to you!!!

Do you mind if you run the Sysnative File Collection App again? The log files have gotten "stale". Wondering whether if this is just a faulty PSU...

#8 gridmonkey

gridmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Sure,

Here's the info. Also i checked my Corsair link logs, i have them logging everything while i sort this out, Power supply info seems consistant(not saying its good or bad but nothing jumps out at me.)

Attached Files

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,955 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

The WER section of the MSInfo32 report pointed to a lot of issues with your AMD graphics drivers. Suggest you reinstall them (hopefully this is the correct link!):

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-RX480-O8G/HelpDesk_Download/

#10 gridmonkey

gridmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:12 AM

Hmm, well, they are xfx branded rx480s, im not sure if they are being ID'd wrong from what you said, not sure what/where the WER section is. But i install the drivers direct from AMD. I have wiped them and reinstalled from scratch once or twice in this whole process. now that im thinking back on it, i had been using them incross fire when i was seeing more hang/reboots. I am still getting them while not in crossfire.

What i had been doing was crossfire display link to my 4k monitor and the other mirrored to a blackmagic 4k capture card in another computer over hdmi. one card connected to both(because crossfire)

Now its not in cross fire and each card is connected to its own device(monitor/cap card) i still get hang/crashes, but less it seems like.

i do a clean install of all new driver patches, using AMD utilities but i can try it again i suppose

What i have found is that most of my failed to start logs in event viewer are all related to homegroup issues... which i have 2 win 7 and 2 win 10 machines on, as well as a NAS. I did find some obscure referance to the fact that i created the homegroup on the win 7 machine. just means i get about 20 error and 10 warning a bootup and no clue why.

Thanks

Grid

#11 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,955 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

Have you been overclocking? If so, stop. This will be quite tricky to diagnose.

#12 gridmonkey

gridmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:11 AM

i haven't since the first few hang crashes. nothing i've posted here in terms of logs or info has been while overclocked. The bios is setup to default for cpu/ram, which includes some automatic adjustments. turbo and core boost ect, though i'm sure you know that is an option on some motherboards. Aside from when i was checking memory sticks one at a time, and they went back in the slots in the same order (sequential serials), i haven't changed hardware or bios settings since i started this thread. 

I don't do anything between these other than to keep googling and changing display settings and crossfire and the like, trying to see if there is a trigger. That is if its gpu based of course. 

Grid

#13 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,955 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

If I remember correctly, you have two graphics cards? Try removing one to reduce the load on the power supply... it may help — who knows!!!

#14 gridmonkey

gridmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

Well,

For a while it seemed to be calmed down and i had nothing more to add. However did a windows update two nights ago and its all back and a pain, i pulled out one of the graphics cards and it rebooted a couple of times a bit later on in the same sort of way, swapped cards for the heck of it, same thing. I can run all the programs and post all the logs again but i think that if no one has been able to sort it by now i'm not sure it will be. i may just be taking cpu ram and mb and splitting them out to different machines and starting over with this case, everything but the mb was brand new and that was only used for a short time. So if i get issues with one of the new machines maybe i can pinpoint it. Thanks for trying everyone, if anyone wants to keep at it let me know what more info you want.

Grid

#15 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,955 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

Can you use System Restore to roll back prior to the Windows Update? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users