Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invader Loader Removal Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Leprachaun

Leprachaun

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:02 AM

Hi, im a new member here and i was hoping that someone could help me. a recent virus scan showed me that my computer was infected by invader riskware. how do i get rid of this? also, i am infected with aurora and others as well, but invadr is the high security risk one, how do i get rid of it?
thank u

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:29 AM

Hey there Leprachaun, welcome to Bleeping Computer.
Sorry for the delay in the reply.

This malware is obviously being quite stubborn. I have a couple of things you can try to remove the problem. Firstly you might like to try a scan with your antispyware applications in safe mode. Antivirus tools will have a better rate of success for removing files in safe mode. This can be done tapping the F8 key as soon as you start your computer. You will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode. Make sure you choose the option without networking support. Run a full system scan; it may be that as the file cannot auto run in safe mode it can be successfully deleted.

If that doesn't work you may have to try an alternative scanner; it is possible that Norton is simply not able to remove the malware. My first pointer would be to update the antimalware tool, have you done that yet?

Please download Ad-Aware SE Personal and install it.
If you already have Ad-Aware SE, please configure it as indicated below.
If you have a previous version of Ad-Aware, please uninstall your current version and install the newest version SE 1.06.

Run Ad-Aware, and click Check for updates now.
Select Configurations (click the Gear wheel at the top) as follows:
General Button > Safety & Settings > Check (Green) all three.
Tweak Button > Cleaning Engine > uncheck "Always try to unload modules before deletion".
Click Proceed.

To start the scan, Click > "Scan Now" at left.
Select "Search for low-risk threats".
Select "Perform full system scan".
Click "Next".

When the scan has completed, select Next.
In the Scanning Results window, select the "Critical Objects" tab.
Right-click on the screen and choose "Select all objects".
Click Next to remove the infections found, and click OK to the prompt.
Restart the computer.

Let me know if the malware is found again.
We may have to dig a little deeper to find the source of the problem.
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users